Older men/Younger women relationships

Discussion in 'True Love' started by BottleFED, Jan 4, 2011.

1. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

I've had a couple of short relationships with women who were a good bit younger than me. I think, for the most part, that the reason I am drawn toward younger women (it isnt looks/beauty) is that I missed out on that True Love/First Love feeling and this may be my attempt at trying to find it. Also, The woman I was married to and am divorcing due to the usual reasons, MONEY/Lack of romance, was unable to have a 2nd child after our son was born and I feel this strong desire to raise another child, preferably a girl, but we all know you can't control that.
    But as an older guy, I don't even know if its possible to find a younger girl who can truely accept me as a true love and feel that way about me without having our age difference becoming an issue. I know there are girls out there who date older men, I've met them and dated them as well. But most that I have dated were either after a little fun knowing money was never an issue (read sugar daddy) or they had daddy issues to the point that they were looking for someone as a father figure. While that can be fun, its not a good setup to attempt having a meaningful relationship. Does anyone think that this is possible, even feasible to have a lasting relationship, marrige and children with a younger woman?

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well of course not, guys die off a decade earlier than the gals, so if you hook up with one 20 years younger and she's planning on forever and ever, good chance you goona be dead 30 years before she is, then what does she do?

Which leaves sugar daddy or psycho daddy issues.

You've already answered your own question

3. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Thats a good point and one i've thought about. Its also falls under age issues. I guess I could go scour the hills of Tenn and Wva, find a younger woman who just wants the simpler things in life, something shes probably already experiencing, just that I could offer her some color, instead of just black and white....
    But seriously, I can't go down the Daddy issues trail again. That was painful at best. She was 22 yrs my junior when I was 44. She turned out to be more worried if I approved about certain things about her than anything else. I found out from her that her father didnt approve of anything she did growing up, her grades, her friends....etc. So of course when I tried to help her by telling her that her fathers approval wasn't what was going to allow her to lead a productive life, that she could be proud of the fact that she did well in school, got her degree and was making something of her life, I might as well of called her fat and ugly cause she flipped out on me, lol. I'm starting to think I need to forget about fathering another child and just find someone my age. The true love thing can happen at any age.....

4. slappyman

slappyman Member

I met and married a girl 10 years my junior and we've been together over 21 years now. But the age thing wasn't something that entered my mind, I don't think it was an issue for her, at least she's never said anything about it. I did used to tease her that I wanted someone right out of school so I could train her right.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Daddy issues isnt a good thing for you lot, in the end they just want an asexual relationship repeating or correcting that previous relationship (and most likely banging some guy more her age on the side at the same time).

Its worse for us though (I'm a gay male) the Daddys little princesses, as soon as they spot us we implement duck and cover.

I have one at the moment I have to put up with cos she the daughter of a work collegue, every fuckin time she stubs her toe, has some kind of drama, I get a two hour phone call thats ridiculous, I dont think she even remembers to take breaths, its like 1000 words a minute. Doesnt even bother waiting for the "mmmh huh.....yep......ok ....thats good sweety.....mm hmm.."

Its funny as a dad, you can screw up your daughter just as much by giving them too much attention

6. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Yep, agree completely. I met this girl once at an office party. Was the sister of someone in the office. Well, for some reason, she latched on early, I really didn't think much of it, I was guessing she was in her mid 20s. Long story short, we ended up grabbing a room for the night at the hotel hosting our party. Woke the next morning to a wonderful wake-up call from her. After i finished, she rolled over and ordered cereal from room service and turned on TV to watch cartoons. Saw her a year later when she was back in town visiting same brother, she ran up to me, jumped up into my arms wrapping her legs around my torso, leaned in and asked me why I didnt call her. LOL I can't imagine why.....

7. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Get a younger guy when she becomes a hot MILF.

8. dmob12

dmob12 Member

[​IMG]

~ That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older and they stay the same age.~
    David Wooderson

Sorry, not trolling this is just the first thing I thought of, lol.

9. creedlespeek

creedlespeek Member

Yes, it's possible. I usually prefer older men, and my current beau is an old man at heart. ;)

I don't have daddy issues, but I prefer someone with an equal amount of career and life focus, a rarity for men in their 20's.

Kimmiescock likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

thats exactly why most may/december romances do not work out. There are girls out there like you who are more career focused and relate better to older men, but most girls in their twenties simply have nothing in common with older guys.

11. daralicious

daralicious Member

i prefer older guys, ive only date guys that are like 15 to 21 years older then me, theytreat you better, they listen to what you have to say, andi have to say grey hair is sexy.

Kimmiescock likes this.
  12. ClockworkPurple

ClockworkPurple Member

I think I relate better to younger women. I'm not and never really have been a career person. I don't even like the word. As Chris McCandless said, "Careers are a 20th century invention," and I'd have to say a bad invention at that. They keep us chained into boxes we weren't meant to be in.

I like the energy of younger women. They still have a positive, perhaps even naively optimistic, outlook on life. Cynicism usually gets hold of people as they get older.

Of course there are exceptions. There are some amazing older women that still retain their childlike wonder and there are younger women that are hard as ice. So for me, it's not the age, but the state of the person's heart.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

unfortunately i've always liked women around my own age. i think i need to start pretending to be much older than i actually am.

14. Baby Blue

Baby Blue Member

Yes, it's possible. i prefer older guys and i think is the best kind of relationship. But there are cases that the younger woman is only looking for someone to talk or cry, like another paternal figure. that sucks, for a good relationship between older guys and younger women, the woman need to be grown with a good head and goals, not only a baby in existential crisis..

Kimmiescock likes this.
  15. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

My guy is older than me.

Kimmiescock likes this.
  16. zocipro

zocipro Banned

Yes years are not most important factor for anything...even for this kind of marriage..can be successful too!

17. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

I appreciate all the replys. Im going to give it another shot and see how things turn out. So if any of you ladies are around 25 and are down with being with an olde rguy, send me a privte msg and we can chat a bit or whatever. Im a reallly laid back guy, late 40's. I like doing the regular things, party, am into sports but it doesnt take up all my time. I exercise, eat healthy except the weekends are mine for cooking, which I love doing. I do like to catch the occasional buzz from pot and drink socially. Im not planning on meeting someone here, but I never say never!

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Why are you intent on finding a younger woman instead of a woman close to your age? Is it because of what you mentioned in the first post, that you want to raise another child?

No judgement, i'm just curious.

19. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Acutally Meliai, the child would be a great bonus but what im looking for is the falling in love feelings that I missed out on first time around. I was married to a woman my age and we both sucked at it but also, we had alot of baggage when we were together. She was ready for me to grow old and graceful, I wasnt ready to do that yet. Thats not to say that if i meet a younger woman that she will magically fix everything, but I think a younger woman gives me the best chance because their idea of a fun night wouldnt be sitting on the couch watching reruns!

20. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Whatever happens happens. If you fall in love with a younger woman, then that's what happens. It's also the matter of who you'd be most comfortable being with. I personally prefer my partner to be younger because I'm still young at heart(not that being 30-something isn't that old either but, lol). Some prefer older women for whatever reasons they have. But if two parties love each other from the bottom of their hearts, respect each other, complement each other, then what does it matter, right? I say keep being you, as the song goes, "what's meant to be will always find the way..."

All the best.