Old hippies in this groovy Hip Forums.

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by River 1509, Mar 18, 2012.

1. River 1509

River 1509 Member

Old hippies in this groovy Hip Forums. Have you been on Woodstock Festival?

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are a few who did and have talked about it in various posts. You can find them by going to the search box at the lower left-hand side of the page and entering "Woodstock" in the Forum search.

3. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

never was at the festival but got a ticket for Saturday,august 16th,1969........now all I need is a time machine....lol

4. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I was invited, but I didn't go. Didn't think my parents would let me.

5. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

When the festival started that August ,I was at Fort Sam Houston, Texas - for Combat Medic training,Plus basic... Caught up in one of the last lotteries.I probably could have avoided it..but its a long story..and I didnt...

A few guys went AWOL ,and went to upstate NY.. I never knew what happened to them...never came back

6. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Didn't make it to Woodstock, but was at Altamont...

7. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

How close were you to the shit? Did you know what was happening??

8. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

No, we didn't even know about the problems until the next day. We didn't stay for the whole thing... we went back to SF to see Grateful Dead at the Avalon. Then we heard about the shit that happened at Altamont. I don't know if we were just too far away from it, left too early and just really stoned.

9. gandolph

gandolph Guest

Woodstock!! yeah, we heard it was going to happen, but the us gov,nt wouldn't let me in the country cos Id got drug busts on my record!! after lennon got his green card they then relented and said I could visit any time in the future! cheers, but too late and too broke,, but at least I got to see the "stones in the park " concert for Brian jones,, a lot to tell about that one, when I get time!