okay so...how BAD is it?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by x_WaX_x, Jun 11, 2006.

1. x_WaX_x

x_WaX_x Member

i'm getting inked in 8 days, and i've been inked before..i want to know from people who actually have gotten tattooed, and not some reference site, how bad it actually hurts, details please =D.

thanks all =)

Peace,

Angela~

2. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

it doesn't hurt that bad. suck it up and deal or don't get it done... your choice. If you were going to let the pain stand in your way then don't bother getting one in the first place.

3. x_WaX_x

x_WaX_x Member

it's not going to stand in my way, i just wanted to be aware of what to expect.

4. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Have you ever had a sunburn?
    Well....it's like having a bad sunburn and someone slapping it over and over. It's not really a pain-pain....just an annoying pain. Of course, the 'pain' effect of it also has to deal with where you get it.
    After about 10 minutes you get used to it, though, and it doesn't bother you anymore.

5. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

I got inked two days ago, for the first time, and it didn't even nearly hurt as bad as I thought. And: it's totally worth it!

6. Lazuli Blue

Lazuli Blue Member

It depends where you get tattooed imo.
    The tops of my arms, my wrist and shoulder blade hurt very little but the small of my back and just below my collar bone KILLED!
    Actually, by my spine it didn't hurt much but as it started to spread out towards my hips that's where it was really painful.

The worst part I found was when it was healing and itching like crazy!

7. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

It feels like something vibrating on you.. my friend described to me as a little bee..
    it only gets painful when over bone or nerves. so some of the time its ok, some you make owie faces.
    i didnt cry or anything. i thought my belly button piercing hurt more, actually.

afterwards, it just feels like a sunburn for a day or two.

8. baloon

baloon Member

I got one on my belly, luckily there was enough fat for me not to feel anything :)

9. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

How bad does it hurt is probably the most common and most difficult question. Pain is subjective. I know people who pass out from paper cuts and another who managed to walk miles out of a forest with a broken leg.

Basically, the pain from being tattooed is two fold.
    The needle feels like someone scratching you hard with a fingernail or paper clip.

There is also pressure behind the gun. The best way I've found to describe this is rubbing you pointer finger over the back of you hand with the same pressure you would use to write. Not immediately painful, but it will get sore.

Anyway, yes, bony spots and whatnot hurt more. IMHO, most people build the pain up much more than it actually is. In reality, noone would ever cover themselves with tattoos if it felt like sawing off an arm. I'm a sissy when it comes to pain and I've sat through 50+ hours.

Peace

10. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

The part on my back right above my buttcrack hurt like a mother effer. Up towards my curves (right below my ribs and before my hips) hurt real bad because it's meaty and tender. The rest....like I said, just felt like a sunburn.
    The itching part of the healing bugged me a lot more, though. Blah....and it was a pretty big area....so I had tremendous torture from my healing.

11. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

Yeah, my lower back phoenix was pretty intense, but the others places have been fine - wrist, shouler, upper arm, forearm. The phoenix was ok for the 1st hour, but then my endorphine reserve drained and it started to hurt like a mofo. Good luck!

12. Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb Member

wow. that's kinda harsh.

13. x_WaX_x

x_WaX_x Member

pms happens:rolleyes: