ok then whats your oppinion

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by StonerBill, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

continued from the ban opey thread:

yeh see thats what i mean, why block a thread when theres more discussion to go, but no detrimental effect of a thread?

anyway i dont think merging threads would be good, that would get confusing. new threads can come up, but in order to stop this, people should simply stop posting the same thing in each thread.

except you have to realise that its hard to join any sort of discussion thread when its 20 pages long. especially when the real answers are burried somewhere in there.

but i think a better deal would to have a few more stickies, and another forum guideline other than ellis' long faq. (since the point is that the people who make stupid threads like opey, they dont ask questions or even consider what theyre doing, they just do it)

if skip is running out of moderators then he should appoint more, i think its pretty simple.

moderators only get insults when they go off banning things and blocking threads and not understanding the perspective of the hundreds of other people in the forum, or at least taking them into account.

but we so far have not had a simple poll to ask ppl about moderation, particularly here in the mj forum, one of the bigger ones in the hipforums.

going and complaining about a thread is not an answer because that assumes that the problems that moderators act upon have to be unusually violating to an individual or their feelings in order to be reported. it also leads to moderators hearing a complain in a forum they dont participate in enough to understand the problems, and then just sorting it out to however they see fit after looking at the snapshot of the forum.

at the same time, moderators can be bad things, for example go to the marijuana.com forums and youll find idiots running the place who, unlike our mod lsdtrip, dont know what theyre talking about.

this is why the situation of moderators should be moderated, in turn, but the collective peoples. at the moment, we are in a situation whereby the marijuana hipforum is disorganised, often spammed, and has no position of authority to set any standard of ethic (one can set a standard without enforcing it though, something most internet moderators do not quite seem to get)

so to see if its just some of the regulars, or the majority of the forum who believe we would be better off with an inhouse marijuana forum moderator, we will have a poll.

chose if you think we would overall be better off, worse off, possibly better off as long as the moderation spot is well chosen, or that old problems will be replaced with new problems that are the same as the old but with different subjects.

2. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

A working moderator would be nice. To control people like opey from cluttering the forum. Or this guy TeaWithATwist thats been floating around starting arguements in the mj threads. But the mod could atleast delete most of the repeat threads that never die. and monitor the posts every once and awhile.

3. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I think it's ok as long as the mod isn't a powerhungry dick. Some good threads have been closed because of asshole mods.

If there's a mod for the mj forums i think it should be stonerbill or trippinBTM.

4. Cold_Phusion85

Cold_Phusion85 Member

I agree some threads have been closed due to idiot mods. But we should only have one real moderator per room. Then he couldn't close all threads and we'd only need to talk to one person.

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i think it would be nice to have at least one other mod here... i can only see it as a more supervised section myself... that way a mod is more likely to be lurking around and able to check to see what needs to be done or fixed and such... all i know is they need to be fair and honest and not take sides... some other areas of the forum.. which i will not mention but im sure people can figure it out... is completely out of hand with their mods.. but i can see here... especially with someone like bill or trippin i think the forums would be kept pretty fair and clean

6. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

when u merge threads generally though, it puts the posts into the Right order via. Date they were posted, so it would work out fine imo merging new threads with very old ones because all the new posts would be at the end anyways

i didnt read this whole post yet because i have to get to work, but i will post more when i get back

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i cant see how another mod could help, other than deleting spam threads and merging others for saving bandwidth.

i also dont see why a few repeated threads should cause much upset to the people of the forum.

8. Blissful Thinking

Blissful Thinking Member

I think a mod would be nice, simply to delete spam threads, and rid the forums of evil do-ers. I hate it when moderators voice their opinions so loudly if they don't agree, and if you continue to not agree the threat of "well i can ban you" comes into play. So as long as they do not abuse their power, and they post just as if they were a normal poster in the MJ forums, I have no problem.

9. Craevyn

Craevyn Member

i vote stonerbill as interim moderator. bill's a good poster; he's taking this issue by the balls, and that needed to be done. we dont want a bunch of opey mcpots running around...

do we?

10. Colours

Colours Senior Member

Im not too sure about what exactly is going on. Just thought id let everyone know where im at. =D

11. Craevyn

Craevyn Member

did this thread die?

Ill not have it!

12. _BudMan420_

_BudMan420_ Member

Yeah that opey was a real douche bag!;)

13. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

Hey man, dont insult douche bags by comparing them to opey. They can be very helpful in cleaning those hard to reach places. can opey do that? No

14. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

but he does, regularly, anyway

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well, 5:1. now i guess must live with the fact that certainly no one above is gonna read this thread and consider the poll results, and smoke some weed

this is my 6000 post!

16. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

That is a lot of posts![​IMG]

17. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

hehe that ones my favourite

18. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

time to figure out the next step here....

19. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i think our mod spends more time in another section alltogether hehe

20. Colours

Colours Senior Member

who is our mod?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.