Ok, little Q&A...

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by billhicksrulez, May 17, 2004.

1. billhicksrulez

billhicksrulez Member

Why is the world so fucked up at the moment?

2. southern_bell

southern_bell Member

it is the beginning of the end my friend.

3. ericf

ericf Member

I blame it on stupidity... but I think there might be no real reason. ;)

4. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Who says it's fucked up? Maybe this is a utopia compared to a hundred years from now.

5. billhicksrulez

billhicksrulez Member

In a sick way this actually made me laugh...

This is what I posted in a thread on the book Island of Aldous Huxley.

Yeah, well for starters, I think something must change in our schoolsystem. I live in western europe, but I think ours are much similar.
    In our society status, ego, is (still) very important. A result of this is that it is very difficult for a teacher to give it's lesson in front of a growing group of wild children no one has any grip on. Parents leave a big part of the education to the schools, but schools are there primarily for intellectual education, parents should take care of the person. If parents want to leave the personal, social, education of values and ethics to the schools, the only way in which they will achieve this is by getting the classes more personal, that means bring 'm down to 6-10 children. This will cost a lot more in the beginning, but the job of being a teacher will become more fullfilling in stead of a day to day battle. Maybe it is even possible for teachers in highschool to give some subjects in stead of one (like on our schools for children between 6 and 12 years, I forgot the name). This makes it a lot easier to get a grip on them and earn (and give!) some respect. Now there are always a couple of jokers that fall through the system and on which noone has any grip.

What do you think?
    N.

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i canthink of a lot of reasons our world is so 'fucked up'

7. billhicksrulez

billhicksrulez Member

Name a couple if you can, please, Fractual.

8. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

well... power can sum up a lot of it.

people love power, whether it be a power over a country, or power over their peers. people just love it.

fear can also sum up a lot of things wrong with the world, jealousy(the fear of someone having more than you), greed(the fear of not having enough). most negative things like that can be traced back to fear.

and conditioning, the way we are brought up. it takes some work to reprogram your brain.

9. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be Cheerful.
    -part of the desiderata
    (from our quote of the day page over at the old hippies forum)

10. billhicksrulez

billhicksrulez Member

And isn't the lust for power a result of not accepting yourself as a person, and therefore an egoproblem. Just as the need for material stuff. By gaining a lot of possessions you try to compensate something you lack, like selfesteem. I still think the solution to these problems lies in a more personal education/upbringing. More time for eachother.

11. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

yes power is an ego problem.

sometimes it has do with not being able to accept yourself... i dont think that is always the case though.

12. Indriel

Indriel Member

How much time have you got?? I wonder if it's because people (in general) have stopped thinking, given the task of thinking over to others instead of making up their own minds about what they hear, see, perceive from: media, government, Hollywood, advertisers, churches etc - anyone who claims to have the answers to what will make us happy but in reality can only offer opinions & judgements which are always open to challenge & doubt. We need to think about what we're being told, what we accept & how we behave, & decide for ourselves if our choices are 'right', ethical, fair, logical, or if they simply conform to current social trends & popular opinion.

13. kilted2000

kilted2000 Member

The world has been fucked up since western imperialism spread around the world. I blame the romans.

14. Omniwulf

Omniwulf Member

I dont blame any one group of people on this planet. I blame everyone who put self greed above the welfare of the whole thoughout time. It has always been greed itself that has so distroyed this world I feel.
    No matter what race of people or what have you,,its always been the desire to keep or own that has distroyed mankind. Yea I said distroyed. While at the moment we are not distroyed, the momentum to the end is to great to avoid the outcome. What we have build will collaps in such a chaotic striking blow that few humans will live though it.. How will this come about? The list is huge on what will be the final blow that will set into motion the total collaps of the human eco system. Anything from self distruction through war or the end of the natural eco system causing the collasp of the ablitys of humans to sustain their numbers there by causing the collaps of the economy.
    Its all just a matter of time now, and its close. I'm 43 and I fully expect to witness this disructive end in my life time. I feel for all you young souls.
    Few will survive and those that do will only do so by ruthlessness or by sheer luck. God help us all.

15. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Its all in the mind. ;)

16. cousinit

cousinit Member

Oh yes young Jedi, right you are. Power to lust leads it does. lust then to greed, greed to jealousy, jealousy to fear, and fear to hate. Path to the dark side this is.

17. Tamee

Tamee naked

because it needs to be, for some reason which no one knows, because we don't need to.

18. billhicksrulez

billhicksrulez Member

You've got a point.

But still, we humans think it is within our powers to influence the future ('fate'). And I am under the impression that if you want to solve a problem, you have to look for the causes, and change the weak points.
    Another way of looking at it, is: 'hey, if you solve this problem, the future will give you another one'
    And perhaps the world isn't so fucked up as 'we' think it is at the moment, and is it just the media that blow things up.

19. mafuman

mafuman Banned

Until the philosophy which holds one race
    superior, and another inferior,
    is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned,
    everywhere is war. Is uh war.

That until there are no longer first class
    and second class citizens of any nation,
    until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
    than the color of his eyes, Is uh war.

That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all
    without regard to race, there is a war.

That until that day the dreams of lasting peace,
    world citizenship, and the rule of international morality
    will remain in but a fleeting illusion,
    to be pursued, but never attained.
    No, everywhere is war. War.

20. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I blame the damn hippies and commies and pinko's and faggots!!!!