Oil pulling?

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by FreshDacre, Nov 16, 2009.

1. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

There seems to be alot of people confident that this is an amazing useful practice, there seems to be alot of people that think the opposite. I have been trying it a few times and am hoping that it really does something.
    What do you guys think?

2. neone

neone Member

I would only use it medicinally.
    I don't think that coating your mouth and teeth in plant oils is natural at all. :eek:

I found it a lot of work for little benefit, as well as it being expensive (because you would want to use high quality oil when you're filling your mouth, right?) for something you're spitting out haha.

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

sounds disgusting

4. mastercylinder

mastercylinder Banned

excuse my ignorance--what exctly is oil pulling---im old but not afraid of new things and would be interestd in knowing what this is---hell you turned me on to pods and salvia and im working on studying natural DMT so im un biased about anything you kids say---never to old to learn

5. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

You use sunflower seed oil to swish around in your mouth, for 20 minutes and spit out the "toxic" oil left over and its supposed to clean out the toxins. You have to do it on an empty stomach.

6. MisSBoNgLips

MisSBoNgLips Member

yeah you must do it on an empty stomach cause its so grody that it will make you wretch your guts up if you have just eaten haha

7. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Whats not natural about sunflowers?

8. neone

neone Member

There is nothing natural about a giant 1 litre bottle of sunflower oil. FreshDacre, i guarentee that if you had to grow your own sunflowers and press them by hand (not a natural process to press vast quantities of harvested seeds into an oil) before you use it, then you would probably not even bother.

9. Stabby

Stabby Member

I dont know what to make of this oil pulling phenomenon. The liver filters toxins from the blood and processes them, thats where the focus of detoxification should be. Ive had incredible benefits from herbs like milk thistle, burdock and dandelion root that strengthen and clean the liver so it can work more efficiently. Chlorella has also proven to be very useful, and we cant forget about sweating and fasting. These methods of detoxification have been scientifically tested and are legitimate methods.

If you think that oil pulling has helped you, keep it up and keep us posted but that would hardly be objective evidence for it.

10. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

i'm starting it on jan 1 as an experiment so i can post updates here for people interested in reading it.

people swear by this.. you can read a lot of personal experiences online, just do some research. there are 2 other forums i'm on that people talk about how it's helped them with specific ailments and overall health.

11. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

^^ yeah i know I have researched. This is just a good place to get personal opinions. I am interested in your report btw :)

12. mamamojo

mamamojo Member

My sister is doing with with coconut oil. She said the striations she feels after brushing her teeth have finally gone away and so have her mouth sores (she gets mouth sores when her candida flares up).

13. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Hay dazed gypsy id love to hear what happened.