Oil pricing question.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Rasheeke, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Is $750 (canadian.. so i think thats about $900 american), good for half a pound of oil?? How much do you all pay?

2. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

You could invest that money to build yourself a grow room, grow nice buds, use the trim for oil and the bud for smoke
    or just grind the whole goddamn plant up and use it for oil.

3. what in the hell are you talking about? No need to disguise the name...We are in the marijuana forum you know...Not to mention your canadamerican money math is all wrong

4. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Well, about the canadian american money thing, i used the basis of 80 cents to the dollar, but i forgot that its about 75 cents to the dollar now. It was just a quick math calculation, my mistake.

and also, it would be bought amongst a group, so, im not paying the full 750, but i wanted to make sure we're all getting a bang for our buck. I've yet to do oil.

and krayzie, i don't know what your saying im disguising, im just using terms that i know, if your talking about oil, i didn't know there was another word for it.

5. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

Well, actually, oil is usually THC and some particulate plant matter that was dissolved into a solvent such as alcohol or butane, and then separated by evaporation.

I believe the oil he's talking about is BHO, or butane honey oil, which is saught over because it's high potency do to butane being an excellent solvent. I'd caution you to buying commercially, however, because not all safe butane products are cheap, easy to obtain, or even cheap for that matter.

Anyway, half a pound of BHO is A LOT. You said you've never smoked oil before, and I definitely believe you, because to buy a half pound of that stuff is insane. I'd say you'd definitely be getting your money's worth, but don't expect to blaze through that stuff. I've seen veteran smokers put a gob of oil no bigger than the size of a BB and get stoned off it for hours before.

6. EddieV1984

EddieV1984 Member

Pretty much what he said^^^. :)

7. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Ok, thanks alot.

8. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

haha k i would NEVER buy a pound of even a QP of oil, haha no thanks, i dont want to be brain dead