oil paints

Discussion in 'Art' started by SurfhipE, Jan 12, 2005.

1. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

i just got a bunch of beautiful oil paints, but I am not quite sure how to use them...it seems I have to use soo much just to paint a small thing, and I can't mix them with water..
    also, when I try to clean the brushes with water, it doesn't clean...

2. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

You'll need a solvent to clean the brushes... Turpentine or something should work, and they sell special brush cleaning solutions...
    As far as mixing it, there are tons of various mediums you can use...

3. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

I love using oil paints, they are one of my favorite mediums ... as far as mixing goes I use linseed oil ... It works just like water with acrylic, but is mixable with oil paints. Its fairly cheap and can be bought at any arts and crafts store ... Soulless | | Chaos was right about a solvent to clean the brushes ... have fun with your oil paints ... and post some pics of your paintings, i'd love to see them

4. arlia

arlia Members

I Love Using Iol Paints,but They Are Soooo Expensive,but My Arist Aunty She Gave Me Her Secret Ingredient In Making A Substitute For Oils,and Its Pretty Damn Good,and As Cheap As Chips