Oil clog pores?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by BornHippy, May 28, 2011.

1. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

i saw recipe of salt mixed with some oil for exfoliation of body skin. Iv trywd it few times as i have little bumps on arms which is a condition called pallaris but can be helped a bit with exfoliation. Skin felt a tad greasy and washin with siap after helped a bit. It drys and feels normal but wondering if oil might clog pores orif there sutain types to use? MAybe any sugestions of other ways you exfoliate? HAvnt doner it long enough but think its helped a bit just bit woryed.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

If you mean little white-head like things on your upper arms, I have them intermittantly and know/have seen a LOT of people with them, it just means you're a greasy motherfucker and should exfoliate a bit, get a fucking wash cloth...... I don't think it's polarisis or whatever it's called..... you didn't spell it right and I'm too lazy to look it up. I think that's more charactarized by scaly callused growth and/or heavy dandruf, not greasy blocked pours.

Oil doesn't have to clog anything, depends on the oil and it's properties.

Get some exfoliating gloves. I've been looking (for my face, though) but local shops are rather limited.

3. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

I have gloves and y shud i bother finding how to spell it. Iv been to skin doctor and it is a hereditary conditon.

4. amberisabella

amberisabella Member

I use brown sugar mixed with olive oil and honey, which exfoliates really well whilst also keeping my skin hydrated, but not greasy. I've heard many variations on using sugar to exfoliate, but never salt. I imagine sugar would work better.

5. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

Oh true sept i dont use honey and i heard suger is filterd through bones, dont no about salt..

6. ronny25

ronny25 Member

I have a feeling the Vitamin E oil will, but what about Jojoba?