Oh Man Read This

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by NatureFreak412, Jan 29, 2005.

1. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Ok I have this ex thats into all that music thats like BLAH BLAH ARGG LIFE SUCKS I WANNA DIE SLIT MY RISKS AND CRY

And I listen to mellow stuff from the 60s and 70s and todays music, like umm Snow Patrol, Postal Service, and the like...

Her hick friend ims me and was like, u know you are embarassing yourself being a hippie, cause that was in the 60s and 70s and you were born in the 80, and I was like wtf, it kinda made me feel bad, but this is who i am and this is what makes me happy, my beliefs, having long hair, wearing tyedye, my music.

This kinda made me feel, I dont know, kinda hurt my feelings, which like rarely happens, I like told them off and stuff and basically said dont worry about me, at least I know who I am. But does anyone ever get that here? or something like that?

2. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

Well, personally I'm into both that "BLAH BLAH ARGG LIFE SUCKS I WANNA DIE SLIT MY WRISTS AND CRY" stuff, and stuff from the 60s and 70s. The only one that I get stick for to be honest is the depressing emo stuff.. I do however get a surprised look when I reveal that I listen to other stuff.

You've just gotta ignore them, and remember that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.. It's you that matters. You're being yourself, and if anyone is going to judge you on your choice to be a hippy or the music that you listen to then they're not worth your time.

3. superNova

superNova Member

slit your risks? ;)

4. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

I didn't even notice that. :|

5. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

Dont let it bother you mate, I was into the beatles when I was like 12 and every one thought I was wierd!

note my Signature, that says it all!

[​IMG]

6. Internity

Internity Member

haha, my ex and i have the same problem, we're know as the (only ) hippies at my school , everyone is full of it, there only questoning u because they want something to stand up for and beleive in, he's just folowing the herd, (get it,?? hick...?herd?...hahaha, ima crackup...ok..i'll stop.) every hippy is different but are in comon for what they believe in, just ignore them all, u are who u believe u are, im proud u stuck up for yourself, dont let poeple bring u down man, thier just making themselves feel better, have a nice day, stay yourself. peace...

7. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

hey bro, you are gonna get comments for a long time. just let it be a testament to yourself and let it slide right off your back. just smile and nod, and let the ignorant continue to ramble...

someone has a sig around here that sums it up the best:

"you laugh because i'm different. i laugh because you're all the same."

take it easy

humandraydel

8. Internity

Internity Member

someone has a sig around here that sums it up the best:

hey, my t-shirt says that...hahaha, kool....:)

9. jamaica

jamaica Member

yep. that about sums it up. but don't hate on them. feel for them that they are so blinded to the truth.

10. Xac

Xac Visitor

"hey, my t-shirt says that...hahaha, kool...."
    yeh they must mass produce those shirts... how ironic...