Oh I love it so much...

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by Sunburst, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I can't believe I'm leaving this in a week :( I'm packing up and leaving for South America for a few months, so I thought I'd take a picture of my INSANLY comfortable bed because when I come back I'll be living somewhere new! :D

[​IMG]

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

That looks so cozy! Is your mattress directly on the floor? Mine is and I love it. It's very zen and grounding.

So what's Kamloops? And how long will you be in South America?!

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Yeah, it is SO much comfier and better on the floor! I like it a lot more...what's the point of a bedframe, anyway?

Kamloops is about 3 hours from here (it's in BC) and I'll be in SA for 4 months (unless I run out of $)! Oh I'm so pumped :D

4. Taran & Sharay

Taran & Sharay Member

Nice picture.. we also got rid of the bedframe /box spring a couple of years ago. It took a little bit getting used to the lowered height but my wife and I would NEVER go back to the other way.

Of course, our two cats consider it a local freeway exit ramp, but that's another story ...

5. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I agree about the mattress being more comfortable on the floor. My back has done a lot better since I got rid of my bed-frame+box-spring. When I had a bed-frame it would always squeak and make a lot of noise, and it was easy to just push whatever shit was laying on my floor underneath it to make my room look tidier. It seems like such a habit is bad feng-shui...to be sleeping with a bunch of clutter underneath you.

Wow, so Sunburst, you'll be gone for almost half a year! That's crazy but sounds pretty exciting. :)

6. LucyInTheSky777

LucyInTheSky777 Member

that is awesome. i want a bed like that.

7. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

god!! i love the colors!!! wow

8. Zajko

Zajko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It looks a bit like my bedroom... various shades of orange - futon on the floor - colorful duvet...

What you can't see in this picture is the laughing brook just outside the window. Also the case on the left (you can only see a corner of it) is filled with comic books.

[​IMG]

9. EarthChildOfPeace

EarthChildOfPeace Member

oh wow that bed looks sooo comfortable. i am looking into hanging some beautiful fabric above my bed, but i have the texture, popcorn, powdery white ceiling, how would i get the fabric to stay up?

10. eponabri

eponabri Member

You might have to screw in cup hooks... but be careful about breathing in that powdery stuff... it's very unhealthy.

11. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I bought a sari for $10 and just pinned it in the cieling with a couple of tacks- super easy!

12. EarthChildOfPeace

EarthChildOfPeace Member

Thanks guys! I'm going to try that as soon as I find a Sari :)

13. LikeanArtist

LikeanArtist Member

I love my bed, it's awesome really. A captain's bed with tons of stash space but I would still love to just put my mattress on the floor. It would groove.
    I will soon enough, I'm only really keeping my bed to use as a couch when I get my own place (just graduated from college). Until then though, I'm quite jealous.

14. EarthChildOfPeace

EarthChildOfPeace Member

My comfy comfy bedroom. Fav place in my house.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ithink37

ithink37 Member

i love the art above your bed it looks amazing did you paint it yourself?

16. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

On mine? Haha aww, I did! Definitely not the best paintings but they were fun to make, and it's a lovely compliment :)

Also Zajko, I adore your bedroom! It looks soo comfy and nice!

17. FeralLunar

FeralLunar Member

Ah.. i keep going back to putting my bed on the floor.. it's so nice.

18. Emerson87

Emerson87 Member

oh my god, beautiful and so comfy looking! I just have a boxspring and a mattress on the floor too.