**Official Bandwagon Thread**

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Eliot, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Eliot

Eliot Member

Because I'm getting sick of all you idiot bandwagon fans posting threads about the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers, I'm giving you your own thread.

Here, you can claim to be a true fan, even though this is the first time you've ever thought to talk about them at HipForums. You can also share with everyone your lack of football knowledge by saying who is going to win, without knowing why.

Enjoy, you benevolent fucktards.

2. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I'm going to be spending my Super Bowl Sunday at a bar that's going to be playing all Looney Tunes on Laserdisc all night!!! I cannot wait!!! Go Bugs Bunny! Go Yosemite Sam! Go Sylvester & Tweety! Go Daffy Duck! YEAH-RAH!!!

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

go steeler/jets.

I am a jaguars fan.

4. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i dont like football but philly is my home

5. howl

howl Member

if you are refering to me, i am hardly a bandwagon fan. i live between pgh and philly (and have, back and forth for the last 24 years.) i am a hugh steelers fan (hence this terrible pain in my stomach right now). i would love to see my 2 "home" teams battle it out in the big bowl. i also think it is neat that during ww2, the two teams were combined to form the steagles, and now they are lined up to play each other for the ring.

also, i don't thiink there is anything wrong with "bandwagon" fans. if somebody wants a team to win, even if they just think the kicker is cute (my sister wants NE to win because she thinks venateri is hot) it's something to distract us from bush winning (I don't know too many people that think he should have won), a big vietnam-esque war in iraq, and all of the other bullshit going on. i think it is cool that for a couple of hours a week, for alot of people, football takes over. not to mention that when the team from your city goes to the playoffs (and ESPECIALLY the super bowl) said town has a common bond that for fans and non-fans alike is a point of pride. everyone just seems to hold their head a little higher.

so for all you "bandwagon fans", my your team win for wahtever reason.

6. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

he's prolly referring partely to me and ill admit this is only the second year i really got into football. boo fucking hoo... not everyone knows as much about football as, eliot- so he has to brag about it and put others down :)

aww, how cute. :)

7. interval_illusion

thank you. it's like if you havent liked something you're whole life or know a lot about it.. that's not okay with eliot. personally, im finding football kinda interesting and i gotta support my city/state... tis something to do. :)

8. interval_illusion

btw, howl... you must live semi-near me.. im an hour from philly and 3 or 4 from pitts.

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

when two teams play, you are generally going to like one or other, even if its its not "your team" or whatever.

anyway, you sound like a chump getting all hard about being a football fan.

10. interval_illusion

LMAO! we are not worthy! *bows down*