Octopi in Southern Ontario?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by masada, Aug 1, 2013.

1. masada

masada Member

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but I think it is, and I'm sure it can still be answered.
    This was years ago, and I've always thought about it but never asked about until now- I was with my ex-girlfriend walking through a little ravine near her apartment in Mississauga when we saw a small octopus, dead on a rock in a creek. It was a pinkish-grey colour and maybe a bit bigger than 2 hands, including tentacles. I've heard of sharks getting into Lake Ontario, but octopi in a Mississauga creek? Is this possible? Or is it someones pet (or dinner) that somehow escaped, and one way or another got into a creek and swam to the ravine? Weird stuff.
    Thanks in advance.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I grew up in Mississauga.....I explored quite a few various creeks and smoked weed in many ravines....all we found were minnows ,frogs and snakes

......I think someone threw it there thinking it freak someone out.....and it did