OCD people who dictate their OCD onto others

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cynthy160, Apr 15, 2013.

1. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

I've known a couple of OCD people who do this. One of them during a conversation with me will try to keep forcing me go back a sentence or two and repeat what I just said. She will do this again and again. It's similar to what an OCD person does when going up and down steps a dozen times or closing or locking a door repeatedly, but they're are projecting this type of behavior onto you and forcing you to do it along with them.

They are subtle and clever enough about it that at first that you don't realize what they are doing. It's as if they are getting a satisfaction or thrill out of it or that they feel a reinforcement or justification of their own problem if they can get others to do it along with them. It gets frustrating putting up with it sometimes.

Don't know if there is some sort of psychological term for projecting your OCD onto others and manipulating other people to do it. It would be worthwhile for psychologists in that area to research it. Most researchers usually only study the OCD of the person as it affects him or her.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf1vC8ubnkY"]Prison Sex-Tool - YouTube

3. Lodog

Lodog ¿

We had an OCD person work the front desk of a hospital I worked at and on some nights I'd have to work that same desk. I'd move shit around and totally clusterfuck her things on purpose because it was funny when she'd come in and start frowning and freaking out.

4. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I'll see your "Prison Sex" and raise you "John the Fisherman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PF3d7XkRAI"]Primus - John The Fisherman Music Video - YouTube

5. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

It's a mental illness...not like they can help it...