Ocala Gathering 2012 Scouting Announcement

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Barry208, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Barry208

Barry208 Member

Ocala Gathering 2012 Scouting Announcement

Florida Family is pleased to announce preliminary scouting for Ocala 2012 Saturday October 15th & Sunday October 16th , 2011.

Saturday, October 15th 10:30 –Noon Pre scout council, Rainbow Hammock; Rainbow Noon – 4:00 Scouting Alexander Springs/Freak Creek site

Sunday, October 16th Meet @ Rainbow Noon @ Rainbow Hammock – Noon to 4:00 Scouting alternative sites throughout the ONF

All site suggestions are welcome. Please bring copies of maps of site suggestions to share. Please consider Parking & Liveaboards as well as Main Meadow and water in your site suggestions as well a private lands, restricted lands and residential environments that we may impact. Due to local conditions/situations it is unlikely we will be able to host a gathering without some useable water or nearby access. Further it is unlikely we will be able to open unnumbered roads or close any recently renumbered roads to suit the gathering. Thanks for you help and good wishes. See you there!

2. Barry208

Barry208 Member

One proposed site, already council approved, initial response from FS positive according to Pat Tooley for 2012. To be scouted Saturday, October 15th.

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=2...087547&vpsrc=6&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=14&t=m&z=14
    We purpose to use the area to south & west of NFS rd #18
    Area to begin 500 feet from pavement of cr445 on the (R)
    Area to end 2000 feet from the Alexander Springs Campground.
    For the month February 2012
    Parking is to be on our Borders ("Live aboard's to be Grouped")
    No camping within 300 feet of Alexander Springs water line.
    Alexander Springs Boat ramp,Swimming hole is Day use Only.
    Main circle is in a clearing in the middle ,can't miss it .

3. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

So, how far is this from rainbow river?

4. Barry208

Barry208 Member

It is on what's known as Freak Creek, is that what you mean?

5. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

I haven't there since abt 96. & didn't spend enuff time in the area then. So I'm kinda outa touch as it were. I've only known of this rainbow river a few months. & I'll asume here it flows southeast in to the gulf, coming out around inglis. This Waterway starts @ a place called rainbow springs. on an android fone setup with latitude maps. Haven't quite got the hang of google yet. It's kinda squirrely on android. Latitude works fine 4 me as long as I'm werkin w/ relatively big landmarks.

What I'm attemptin 2 find is a relatively continuous waterway 2 the general vicinity of tsscoming from the gulf. I haven't gotten a straight answer yet abt how strong the current is on this rainlbow river. Now, bear in mind rainbow river was named long ago it's not a nickname. If you've read my thread "new thread "new project" on the rainbo forum, & I,ve posted on other pages. You may see what i' tryin 2 do is float from gathering 2 gathering by water. I understand this was actualy done a lil bit last year & i'd like 2 see a continuation of it this year..
    Unfortunately I can't copy/paste w/current device otherwise I would 2 clarify this quite a bit. I understand that the rainbo navy gig last year couldn't be couldn't be done entirely up 2 main trail. Aloota ppl like 2 argue that point. But was done up til 1/4 way up main trail as it were. This 2 m2 is an historic occasion.

So wherever final site is decided plz bear rainbo navy in mind in some capacity. I also understand the stjohns rvr actually flows north. & tho duhzn't go anywhere near an acola gig, could be utilized asa rainbo navy path north.

6. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

so barry, this waterway apppears 2 empty 5-10 mi SE of yankeetown. & appear 2 be 3 names 4 it: rakinbow river, withlacoochee, whatever's left of cross fla barge canal. I've no idea which name it goes by nowadaze. Latitude duhzn't really say. Neither duhz rand mcnally. Followin upstream one comes upstream one comes 2 dunnelon. Goin south it becomes in earnest withlacoochee rvr (crooked river) beginning @ Lake panasofkee. Now then if family down yonder know waze of utilizin this info go4it. There may be tributaries etc.,which could lead 2 suitable fam doins eventually. But the name crooked river kinda spooks me a bit. We have a rather crooked rvr here called the gasconade, in the ozarks.

Goin north, this waterway ends as stated above in the rainbow springs state park. Many different land routes lead 2 the forest frm there.

Eventually one comes to silver river state park. This eventually becomes Lake Ocklawaha. & eventually I'll assume becomes st john's rvr. Then this would join the ICW. In theory this could be followed 2 potomac river.
    I,m still in process of researchin chesepeake & ohio canal.
    This & ill-fated cross fl canal r. Prettymuch only snags 2 a Great Loop rainbo navy regatta.

On the otherhand, utilizin okechobee waterway frm ft meyers east could be easily done. But it's a very large detour 4 just headin 2ward ocala. Kinda like the difference betw panama canal & straits of magellan. Only smaller scale ofcourse. Ofcourse on the otherhand larger support craft could meet bakup w/ smaller aphibious craft on the ICw eventually.
    But that's another story & may be tied in w/ world rainbo palenque yucatan gig eventually. I'm tryin somehow 2 link loopers up w/ proposed appalachian natls.
    Ne1 gotta spare pedalsailhybridvegoil jetdrive lyin round? Or liteweight swingkeelmodular trimaran?

7. cricketlind

cricketlind Member

Planning on coming down for it wherever it may be. I plan on being in Florida in late January to see my daughter and she lives in Deltona. Thanks for the posting will be checking in regular to get the directions and dates when they are finalized. The proposed site looks good. I figured I would stay on for the Gathering and hopefully see some old friends. Make some new ones, too. Getting my gear together now. I may be able to help with the seed camp and setup and cleanup too. Let me know the details.

8. hippyguru

hippyguru Banned

anyone know where Dragon, Sugarbear, Babyface, or Aries are? Tell them Bubba is looking for them.

9. toakie

toakie Member

Barry

Did the permit signers show up yet ??????
    Or will it be you signing the permit/s again,
    as you seem to do ???????

10. Barry208

Barry208 Member

Actually the issue, as always, is under discussion with the FS. If you are interested in participating in the open rather than hiding behind a fake screen name and sniping. Council TBA, jump in if you are brave enough to be real!

Occupy the Woods!

11. hippyguru

hippyguru Banned

yea four years ago "Rainbow Country Lovin" about one of the kindest brothers you will ever meet signed the permit and "A" camp beat him down and called the "Wreckin Crew" to run him out of the woods. "Raven Rainbow Nest" was a part of that. I'm old with kids and don't want the "Drama" that the Ocala has become. However I may show up for Council let me know when and where. "Freak Creek" is a great spot. Still Looking for Aries,Babt Face, Dragon, Sweetness, and Sugar Bear. They are old friends has anyone heard from them?
    PEACE

12. toakie

toakie Member

Actually the issue, as always, is under discussion with the FS. If you are interested in participating in the open rather than hiding behind a fake screen name and sniping. Council TBA, jump in if you are brave enough to be real!

Occupy the Woods!

So barry are you saying in your post, you're in dicussion's with the FS. to sign or have a permit signed for the 2012 ocala gathering ??????
    No I'm not hiding behind a fake screen name, & I'm not just some random person sitting behind a computer screen, when in fact, I'm at occupy wall street protest, as I'm writing this post.
    You & everyone in the family knows, that ocala has become an A-camp gathering, & with you & your cronies signing permits each & every year, it's no wonder why folks avoid ocala gathering like the plaque......:oops:

13. Barry208

Barry208 Member

If you are someone who actually goes to the gatherings, then show yourself, or give us someone who knows you.

If you are in New York at OWS with Everybody's or Joanee or Pieman as you claim, how about a pic? That shouldn't be too hard with all the cameras.

Don't like Ocala, don't come. Don't like how it's happening, try coming to council instead of being a cyber troll in your underwear.

Again this year I remain unimpressed with your sniping, troll. You want to be heard, put you pants on and come out!

14. toakie

toakie Member

If you are someone who actually goes to the gatherings, then show yourself, or give us someone who knows you.

If you are in New York at OWS with Everybody's or Joanee or Pieman as you claim, how about a pic? That shouldn't be too hard with all the cameras.

Don't like Ocala, don't come. Don't like how it's happening, try coming to council instead of being a cyber troll in your underwear.

Again this year I remain unimpressed with your sniping, troll. You want to be heard, put you pants on and come out!

I stated I was at OWS & did'nt state who I was with, or where.......
    So do'nt start putting words in my mouth or anybody else's for that
    matter.....

15. Barry208

Barry208 Member

Okay no problem, are you a troll or are you someone who comes to Ocala with something to say? How or why, other then your personal say so, an or should we consider you as someone who has been involved with Ocala?

You are being invited (as is everyone) to come to council and state, in your own words, what you think we all should do. Thats how we do it, isn't that how you do it? Is the problem with coming to council that it addresses what you are trolling about. Don't like what being said ... block! Here you are able to hide, huh?

Why is this the only place, over the last three years, that you have been heard from. Or is it? .. you must know somebody who knows me or someone who knows someone who know me... or not ...

Tell you what .. surface or crawl back under the rock.

I remain unimpressed.

Barry

16. toakie

toakie Member

Okay no problem, are you a troll or are you someone who comes to Ocala with something to say? How or why, other then your personal say so, an or should we consider you as someone who has been involved with Ocala?

You are being invited (as is everyone) to come to council and state, in your own words, what you think we all should do. Thats how we do it, isn't that how you do it? Is the problem with coming to council that it addresses what you are trolling about. Don't like what being said ... block! Here you are able to hide, huh?

Why is this the only place, over the last three years, that you have been heard from. Or is it? .. you must know somebody who knows me or someone who knows someone who know me... or not ...

Tell you what .. surface or crawl back under the rock.

I remain unimpressed.

Barry

Now you got it !!!!!!! for all these years a lot of folks within the family have been unimpressed with the ocala event.......

17. hippyguru

hippyguru Banned

ok ladies yall sound like a couple of old fags. I agree the Ocala is a "a" camp gathering but no matter how much we may dislike "a" camp they are "family"
    PEACE

18. toakie

toakie Member

Are you an A-camper at gatherings ?????

19. hippyguru

hippyguru Banned

Hell no I hate the drama A camp brings. But they help keep the loes away fro the real hippies

20. dormouse

dormouse Member

they also help keep the real hippies (especially petite female ones) away from the Ocala gathering. for me it's become a question as to whether or not getting into the gathering proper is worth running the A Camp gauntlet. unless i can find a companion to go to Ocala with me the answer is "no".