Obama's half-brother arrested for weed in Kenya

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by TheMadcapSyd, Jan 31, 2009.

1. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7862691.stm

The Kenyan half-brother of President Barack Obama has been arrested for alleged marijuana possession.
    George Obama was arrested in Nairobi with one joint of marijuana, police chief Joshua Omokulongolo said.
    "He is not a drug peddler. But it is illegal, it is a banned substance," he said. Mr Obama has denied the allegations.
    The US president and George Obama share the same father, but are thought to have only met each other briefly.
    George Obama, who is in his 20s, is due in court on Monday.
    "They took me from my home," George Obama told reporters in Nairobi from his jail cell. " I don't know why they are charging me."
    Kenyan family
    Last year, George Obama told Vanity Fair magazine that he had only met his more famous half-brother twice, once when he was five and once when he visited East Africa in 2006.
    Of their second meeting, George reportedly said:"It was very brief, we spoke for just a few minutes. It was like meeting a complete stranger."
    He has also said that he is studying to be a mechanic and works with a local youth group in Huruma, the area in Nairobi where he lives with his extended family.
    He is the youngest of his father's seven children and was born six months after his father died in a car crash in 1982.
    Several of the president's Kenyan relatives went to Washington for his inauguration on 20 January, though George Obama did not.
    The American president described his half brother as a " handsome, roundheaded boy with a wary gaze" in his book, Dreams From My Father

I just found it to be a very lolz story

2. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

god what bullshit that they throw someone in prison for 1 joint

3. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

What's the penalty over there?

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

oh lets wait for the conspirators to come in here and blame that on Obama too

5. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Obama's obviously taking preemptive action so he can stay in power after turning the United States into a Cromwellian monarchy.

6. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

hmm. well it seems that the only solution is put the US president in charge of keeping all of his relatives in line. give me a break. obama can't be everywhere at once.

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

well then he shouldn't be president then :rolleyes:

8. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

well, we could chop him up into little pieces, but i don't think he'd be able to work very well. plus a dog could eat him.
    i don't care what his half brother is doing in kenya, next thing you know it'll be "US president Obama's half brother, and his best friend, were found fornicating with sheep in kenya this week. President Obama- Sheep Fucker? details at 11"

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Obama's half brother probably has aids too.. surprised we didnt hear anything about that

10. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

he got caught how?
    Over there if he had any amount of money he could have bought (bribed) his way out especially of this bullshit charge. Just shows the government over there is as fucked as our own.
    And I have a feeling this was only done because of his relation....

11. OneBrainCell

OneBrainCell Member

they should inpeach him for having a drug addic in hes famely!! :p

12. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

nice to see people with a little self awareness when choosing a user name.

13. makesmomcry420

makesmomcry420 shlimazl

14. Subliminal89

Subliminal89 A Tokémon Master

Lets just pick some black guy and call him Obamas brother? brilliant? i think not... fuck the news

15. Over-Grow024

Over-Grow024 Member

I dont understand how in so many countries the common practice regarding marijuana offenses is to arrest someone for something that hurts absolutely no one...

Crazy.

16. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

I know someone that is from africa, hes one of the best all around people I know. He loves smoking, he said people grow it in their back yard, and in the wild and shit. Maybe a different area, idk. But this is fuckn ridiculous