Obama overturns vagina tax.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lode, Jan 23, 2009.

1. lode

lode One Man Orgy HipForums Supporter

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/22/senate-passes-pay-discrimination/

With his first few days in office Obama repeals legislation harshly restricting pay discrimination.

He overturns the global gag order. The global gag order prevented federal money from going to international pro choice organizations. This had the effect of giant restrictions in birth control (condoms) in the developing world where HIV is still endemic.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/23/AR2009012302814.html?hpid=topnews

He is planning on reversing an executive order baning financing for stem cell research in all but the most restrictive cases. (Ones that have already been harvested, most researchers say nowhere near enough.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7847651.stm

And is closing Guantanamo.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/fir...cretary-closing-guantanamo-increase-security/

He's so dreamy. :biggrin:

2. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

I know dude seriously. I'm actually proud to be an American for the first time in my life.

3. HushBull

HushBull Insuperior

I hope he keeps up with all of this doing his job kinda thing.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yeah, and he launched an attack in Northern Pakistan today, but who cares I guess.

5. lode

Oh the conspiracy crowd will be in a second talking about how he's a puppet of the shadow masters.

And the other people who are even dumber and misinformeder are going to say he'll tax them too much or take away their freedoms.

But damn. I'm trying to stay cynical. But I'm an elated cynic. What a great few days in office.

The global gag order and the ban on stem cell research were two of the most insulting things to ever come out of the Bush administration.

6. Pressed_Rat

But of course there's the domestic and foreign GITMOs you never hear about. Good PR stunt on his behalf "closing GITMO."

7. lode

He personally launched the attack?

Do drone attacks require an executive order?

8. lode

The shadow ones right?

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

these people deserve the torture they get

10. lode

People with Vaginas?

What did vaginas ever do?

11. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

lol dude people are going to be cynical and fucking totally afraid but I'm not. I felt that wave of love and hope coming from him AND the American people. I don't care who says nay. We're a big country. We've been fucking people in the ass for a long time. He's actually doing some of the shit he's said he'd do. If people want to bitch about the ails of the world there's plenty of shit out there, including in our country and I'm sure the current administration. But I'm putting myself behind him. I'm willing to fail in the ATTEMPT at making this world a better place. For me that's enough. I'm willing to work for it. I think a lot of people are willing to work for it. And that's what's going to make the difference.

12. fitzy21

though, i do hate the fact the gov't is involved in any manner on telling private companies how to pay employees

13. fitzy21

the poeple at gitmo
    they are there for a reason

14. lode

Asian workers are hired for $10 an hour at JC Wok.

White workers are hired to do the exact same job starting at $7.50 an hour.

Is is the governments right to intervene? Or should the white workers just look for other work.

What if it's like that everywhere? When does a companies prerogative to decide how to compensate employees interfere with human rights?

In my mind it's best left up to the courts to decidine when it's appropriate and when it's obvious discrimination.

And that's what this bill allows. It allows people to have their day in court. Not be restricted by the government over what may be an obvious case of discrimination.

15. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

has anyone been watching in on his cabinet meetings?

god damn. Brother is none stop and on top of managing all the wrongs into rights.
    I've never seen any material of Bush being as competent in such cases.

thanks god we have someone who is baracknowledging technology and science as well. what a pimp, I say.

16. lode

We don't know that till they have fair trials.

If they don't have trials they should eventually be released.

17. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Matt, I thought he was closing down all of them outside the US-not just GB?

I am super happy. I was on the fence about who to vote for for the first few weeks, but love how things turned out. I knew things would change when he went to the gym, early in the morning, the day after the election.

We all need to work more and be responsible and get healthy to turn the economy around. It's awesome we have a president reflecting ALL of those values for once.

He is the antithesis of Bush's laziness.

18. fitzy21

screw trials

19. Pressed_Rat

Really? Got a link to that by any chance?

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

That’s only because negotiations have temporarily stalled :D

hotwater