obama - business as usual, the end of the dream

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by guy, Mar 28, 2009.

1. guy

guy Senior Member

well its finally the end of the dream people

you've been fighting the religious wars of the fanatics that you voted into power for so many years that you've finally got no money, you have no job and probably nowhere to live, you were never educated and if you get sick probably no way of getting medical treatment. the parasite of the religious lobby has sucked you dry.

you voted bush out only to get the same thing back in.

if you vote for entities that champion religious wars guess what, they will cripple you. if you don't vote these people out they will make life a living hell for you.

good luck with your religious war on iran i hope it all works out for you.

2. stonemaster

stonemaster Member

you're right for the most part, it sucks too. I like many others hoped for true change but ...
    the Wall St suck up is whats gonna fuck up everything, the culture of greed, while bruised, still lives. The culture that got us into this economic mess remains. We're also gonna get sold out on health care too. Among other things ..... remember Obama is a LAWYER NEVER TRUST EM

3. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  4. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Not the same at all. Some of you would like to tell us it is. But he's been reversing too many of Bush's executive orders for it to stick.

As to Iran Obama has openned dialogue with them, a reassuring tone at last. Israel is the only one openly calling for war with them, and I say let Israel wage their war but without US Aid. Just how brave is Israel without US muscle?

5. Fyrenza

Fyrenza Queen of the Ians

Is there a list of the ones he's reversed?

i tried to Google it, and am STILL wading through the results... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I looked too. Found some notion 200 would be reversed.
    This was touted but never confirmed - I think.
    I think they all relate to a few areas: torture of terror suspects and the military prison at Guantanamo Bay. Reading further, I think he will be more "signing statements to clarify law" rather than reversing 200 different laws. Sounds a hell of a lot but I doubt it is as impressive as it sounds.
    Closing Guantanamo probably will take up the bulk of it.

7. guy

guy Senior Member

obama has just asked for another 83 billion!!!! to keep the war on the middle east going

gitmo still exists

the planned attack on iran is most likely still on the table

obama's chief of staff, a little israeli religious fanatic still pulls the strings.

its a shame that the americans decided to keep fighting israel's war on humanity.

nothing has changed and the only thing americans can look forward to is living on the streets whilst the fanatics who sent them to war laugh at them in their big houses.

the only chance the americans have of regaining their country back is to vote in large numbers in the next election.

8. Fyrenza

imho, the only chance America has is to expose O-Bozo as an usurper,

get him, and all his appointments thrown out of office,

tell the Dem AND the Repub parties to Take A Hike,

clean out Congress, the Senate, and the Supreme Court,

and start all over with some real people who will defend our Constitution and our Bill of Rights.

Wouldn't take much...

just a New American Revolution.

9. guy

guy Senior Member

Outside Independence Hall when
    the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended,
    Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin,
    "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?"
    With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded,
    "A republic, if you can keep it."

10. guy

guy Senior Member

if some our friends embedded in the halls of power had suggested to washington an attack on the middle east in the name of jehovah he would have probably thrown them into a lunatic asylum.

nowadays such ridiculous notions are treated with undeserving gravitas and the country is heading towards ruin.

11. Fyrenza

i found a super long thing about his promises, but their math doesn't really make sense...

515 promises made

510 promises = No Action (yet)
    5 promises = Broken
    7 promises = Compromised
    3 promises = Stalled
    61 promises = In The Works
    and 23 promises = Kept

btw, those figures are from PolitiFact.

And, yeah ~ Gitmo was (supposedly) closed down, but then we find out, it was just moved, and that all of the things that went on before?

Are STILL going on, with O-Bozo's (presumed) acquiescence.

Next! :cool:

12. guy

guy Senior Member

"He that lives upon hope will die fasting".

benjamin franklin

13. jamesrock

jamesrock Member

Just out of curiosity who did you vote for???? im just not getting the whole religion connection?? What religious war with Iran??? Im high so i might just be missing your point.

14. odon

odon Slightly Popular

What I get from his words is that because Bush and the greater American population are Christian and the fact Americans are waging war in an Islamic country - against fundemental Islamists - we must be having a religous war. Now they are paying the economic price (the housing crash - sub-prime fiasco and credit crunch might have slipped his mind.)
    He sounds a little tapped in the head to me (most of the time.)
    He also doesn't seem to take into consideration Muslims are fighting Muslims too.

Perhaps I don't give him enough credit; perhaps he is a little deeper than seeing this in such a black and white context.
    Not read enough from him to doubt it reaches any greater or deeper level than what I have said above.

I hope he elucidates himself a little further.

15. odon

odon Slightly Popular

They seem to be collecting together not just legislative promises but other so-called promises too.

It also has changed:

Tracking Obama’s promises

Promise Kept
    Compromise
    Promise Broken
    Stalled
    In the Works
    No Action

PolitiFact will be tracking Barack Obama’s promises during his presidency and will be rating the progress of each one. >>more

There sums seem to tally now - just.

(nice website, btw - thanks)

Where has it moved to and what is still occuring?

16. Maitreya

Maitreya Member

I might be confused but is it being said that our economic situation is the effect of a "religious war"?

I would say that it has been caused by personal responsibility coupled with the ability of entities to gain an unregulated amount of power.

17. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Pretty much, yes.

Perhaps you might have chosen the wrong word there.

[​IMG]

Unregulated amount of money, imo.

Sidenote:

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/barone/...-institutions-bailing-out-regulated-ones.html

18. jamaican_youth

jamaican_youth Senior Member

Obama is doing everything he can to fix the the screw up Bush made, what are you doing?

19. guy

guy Senior Member

lap it up peeps of america

you now have to pay another 83 billion dollars to keep the war going

thanks mr obama for making the people of america homeless because you want to continue a war that you yourself opposed

vote the idiots out

20. guy

guy Senior Member

i didn't cause the problem.

read up on the history of the wars and who bush's advisors were.

lets say you suddenly become chief fire warden and rush to a fire that the old fire warden is attending only to find that the old fire warden has started the fire and is knowingly and abettting the fire to work its magic.

he explains to you that the house has to burn down but cannot give you any specific reason as to why it must burn down or why he really started the fire in the first place. he then tells you that as the incoming chief fire warden you must keep the fire going that he has started.

all his friends are there, you then find out that they told him to start the fire but as not actually being in the government they are not technically responsible. all his friends you then find out are working for the local pyromaniac.

so what do you then?

well you then rehire all of the old fire chiefs friends, start lighting more fires in the hope that this will put the fire out and then ask for more matches and more money to keep the house fire going until the house is totally destroyed (which is good news for the local pyromaniac) and then be advised to start another fire in another house and another and another.

welcome to the world of obama