Obama Biography

Discussion in 'Biography' started by tiedyedmusic, Jun 25, 2009.

1. tiedyedmusic

tiedyedmusic Member

I just finished reading one of Obama's autobiographies 'dreams of my father' and was wondering if anyone else read it and what their thoughts/opinion on it where. Also (anyone that lives there) the issues like finding his place in the world and dealings with racism - does anyone think that's gotten any better now he's the president or does the media hype mean nothing?

2. Jolie Dawson

Jolie Dawson Member

I read "Dreams" about a yea ago, right after he was elected. I was impressed and surprised by his childhood;I knw hismother raised him on her own, but I had no idea he lived in Indonesia (think I spelled that right). And I didn't know anything about his stepfather, who seems to have cared about Barry but felt bad that he couldn't provide a lot on his own. I don't tthat dealings with racism have gotten better as a result of his election, but his election happened as a result of rasicm's decline, which could not have happened if not for people like Barack Obama.

3. oneblackcrowe

oneblackcrowe Member

Its one of my favorite books. It definitely helped sway my vote for him.

4. jerry_chen

jerry_chen Member

Obama is a great man, i think!i love him so much , expecially his speech!

5. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

I haven't read that biography of his, as such, but I have read, and am in possession of, The Audacity of Hope. Found it quite good.

6. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

what the hell is great about a man who has FOUR illegal aggression wars going on, destroying the lives of millions of people?

7. mustlivelife

mustlivelife Knows nothing!

It made me slam my fist into my own crotch with rage to see these posts claiming support for Obama. Wake the fuck up, nothing has actually changed with him in power. More lies, more of the same old shit. More arab men, women and children getting their lives fucked up and limbs blown off. His books are most likely complete fabrications (bullshit), just like his birth certificate, just like everything he says (except how much he will help Isreal but that's still not the whole truth).

ANYONE who shows ANY support for ANY US president must be extremely ignorant or mentally ill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!
    WAKE UP!!!

8. OneLifeForm

OneLifeForm Member

Damn man, I was trying to sleep ;)

9. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Most of the rhetoric that spews out of the government is basically sheep theater. As long as the overwhelming majority buys into the premise that one party represents a real alternative to the other, or even that congresspeople have any real say in the agenda then those who are willing to think for themselves and call out the criminals who hold elected office for what they are will be effectively marginalized as crazy and branded terrorists/criminals themselves.

The economy US is an engineered system by which the few can be enriched at the expense of the many... and as well, it is the raw material from which artificial crises can be crafted to establish justification for subjugating the masses under the guise of economic justice- which is something those who cast pantomime votes and engage in hollow debates know nothing about. It is our attachment to the dollar and the mechanism of disparity (consumer economy) that is the hook they have into each and every one of us. The task seems to be for the masses to create a barter economy and make currency irrelevant.

Didn't read the book... not particularly interested really as I don't buy into the premise that Obama is any significant force in where this country is sinking to. Those who are really in power aren't likely moved as a result of elections.

10. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

you mean guys like Rockefeller or Kissinger?!

11. oneblackcrowe

oneblackcrowe Member

or Bush? Palin? or Romney?

12. louisgeorge

louisgeorge Member

I Agree with you midgardsun ....he is a killer of Millions of innocent people... he should fight with terror not with innocent people...

13. karenmartin

karenmartin Banned

John Glenn A Memoir biography books i like most u can also enjoy this book