O.K. Back In Black

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by tiedye0420, Jan 3, 2005.

1. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Yeah that's right, Im back with a vengance, seems I have been offline so long,I gotta fill in quite a few details.
    The 6 x 9 area is working out great, Good idea to give them room to grow. Whoo doggy! Seems there is a slight matter of missing lumens.So on to the cure upcoming.
    Well I just ordered a 4 light timer, one of the ones which will run 4,000 watts at once. Re-wiring our trailer with 220 v 40 amp service. (80 amps to the box- installed just for the show)
    A plug and grow day/night temp controller also is going in there.

With an eliecient 6" (309 cfm) can fan to exhaust my two brand spankin new hydrofarm 600w hps daystars...........
    Pumpin it up to some 1800 odd watts of POWER baby. Lookin to grab some halide and throw in for shiots and giggles, like probly a 1,000 watter off of e-bay someday this spring.
    For now ,the parts are going to be here friday or sat, (I hope) It's all just a matter of finishing up this electrical system upgrade, and hooking all my new goodies into their new systems (Or appropriate breaker)and I'll be cookin with gas for shure!!
    Hope you all had a great x-mas ?holiday season and happy new years to ya all. Dang I missed you guys.

Got a 1300 square foot redwood deck im building for work, if it would ever QUIT THIS INCESSANT RAINING.. Gootaa love that work, please come out sun....L.O.L.
    glad to see ya all. Im around still- just lost my phone fer awhile

2. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

--HHHHHHHHHHHEY TIEDYE!!! -GOOD TO SEE YA BRUDDA!!! :) ! -We was just a li'l bit woried about ya! -I kinda figured ya'd either you'd regroop or fade away and I figured ya'd not fade away! Really glad to see ya back on the forums! -Sounds like your bout to realize yer indoor desires! :) Great lights, fan and other new toys! Im sure yer gonna runem proper! -Really good to see ya back and try and post some pics! -I cant sizem rite or something so I got a galery at OG. -Peace! :)

3. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Hey Man

Good to hear from ya,
    Don'tcha know these colors don't fade bro! Course id be back you still got a couple shirts comin, probly kick up that machine in the spring, when this deck is done. This summer I should be sellin on e-bay with plenty of inventory to work from."Things are gonna be better, when I play my masterpiece"
    yeah bobby!
    Im so glad to be workin, can't wait until this rain quits.But I been sick anyways, for a couple weeks now. Spent the holidays dying from nuemonia.Felt like I was driftin on the river of styx getting close to the other side. Not one of the most memorable holidays ive had for sure. But im O.K. now .
    Cant wait to get all the toys running, I'll try to get some pics as i upgrade, I think the camera is in with the girls sleepin right now though. But it's gonna be a week or two getting all this stuff together and installed- the new panel is in though, and halfway wired up!
    Gotta love it!

4. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

OK Here are a few shots as they are now. mostly humbolt and nlXkush this run, got one big thai and a couple columbians going. They got this tendecy to creep sideways, and the one I FIM'ed looks like a spider or octopus.

Might squeeze in a shot of the new panel too,
    nope pics didnt shrink right, maybe later.

5. medicinalhydro2

medicinalhydro2 Member

TDB,

I was about to make a trip down there to see your ass. Last I heard you got hooked up with a seedbank and were coming up this way to possibly help with an outdoor trim. Then??? YOU UP AND DISSAPEAR. So we spent 2 solid weeks trimming and shooting paintball guns at all the teenagers trying to snatch and run. You missed a great event my friend. Back to the ass chewwin' Bro, you got to call a guy and let em know whats up. Even the little lady I got was asking about you! We were all worried. I must of posted like a million "WANTED/MISSING" posters out on ya. lol.

I got a great hook up on those climate controlers. It is a control wizard. I get em at like $90.00 if your interested. They control the entire room with tons of plug ins and temp, Humidity, and co2 controlers. I friggin love mine. Pm me...

6. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

I guess i just sorta panicked when the phone went down finally. I need to get me a good rolladex next, got a file cabinet and monitor- getting a new desk soon(tower-corner dealie) But getting this area organized so's i can find things, like phone numbers.

Gotta reset the file size on my camera, and shoot some new pics tomorrow. Got my new box for tapping in at the box for 240. Gonna be a whole new world here in a week or so. Soon as them parts get in.
    The controller Im planning on getting is a bit more than 80 bucks. But it will control temp seperatly for day and night. So I can get 38- 40 degree nights and 83 degree days. Gonna be running an AC unit at night in the summer i guess. Got the curcuits going in to handle it. L.O.L.
    Gonna be nice when this all fires up.

7. medicinalhydro2

medicinalhydro2 Member

Sounds great. I get me stuff wholesale cause I am a distributor. They go for about 200.00 or so. I will pm you with the info. You can make the call bro. I will send ya some pics of the Humboldt X Hash. It looks SWEET...

8. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Try try again.

9. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

10. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

And again, Until it is right.

But it looks like they are gonna get posted this time.
    Here is the new panel before hooking in all the new eqipment, and my current grow about to get lit up!

11. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Just found out there is a battery backup option for my light timer, might save me from getting unnessesarry hermies,
    Gotta go check it out
    later
    edit;
    i did not get the backup battery.
    wouldn't do any good here=usually the power goes out for a few hours at a time out here in the sticks. think im going to have to get a 4000 watt inverter in a couple months. that way my lights will keep going not just my timer.
    much better option.

12. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

got all my new equipment from the hydro store yesterday, two 600 watt hydrofarm radiant ballasts, daystar a/c hoods, and hortilux bulbs. a 6' elicent fan, a greenair
    lt-4-120 lightimer.
    today was dedicated to getting a pocket door frame and installing it in the growroom.
    my new wiring is going in the walls surrounding the pocket door.
    i'll shoot some pics tomorrow, gotta reformat the camera first.
    tomorrow is the big day- stay home and get it all hooked up in there.
    i also have a hotstart 15 min delay, and a day/night temperature controller- greenair ct-ct-1p coming ups next week.
    im on a roll now boys
    tiedye

13. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey Tiedye, only saw you for a short time when I was just getting used to this forum stuff and then you were gone and then I was gone and then when I came back I thought you were LuMpiTRichomey (Lumpy to me) and began talking to him via this thinking it was you. Just wanted to comment on your pictures: to get rid of that yellow cast, set your camera in the "white balance" menu to "incandescent" and the green will look green and not orangy yellow. My camera allows me to select a submenu of "user setting A or B" and in one of them I set all the things to take, like indoor shots that go on the internet, and when I take pics of the plants under the light I just go to that submenu and all setting are right for just that and point and shoot and you're done. More if you want it. Photography is my hobby. Consuming the objects of my photography is my reward. b1

14. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

i just got a little fujifilm finepics 1300 at the moment.
    i'll be sure to get one with those capabilities when i upgrade the camera.
    i should start taking pictures after my sodiums are off, with the flourex and halide running.
    to show the new setup, i switched over the trailer main feed by noon, and had all my lights running by 1;30
    what a fiasco this has been, but if i can get the darn bulb in the 430 to work [ bulb only likes to work cold] including the flourex im looking at 2455 watts of mixed spectrum- primarily hps 1780 watts to be exact. 675 of blue including my first hid .
    when i turned it on she thought the sun came out l.o.l. l.o.l. l.o.l.
    im so happy im gonna drink some hot chocolate and have some b-loads. enjoy my indoor sunshine for awhile
    tiedye

15. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

--Sweet Brudda, Sweet! -Put yer sunglasses on or youl go blind! -Hey B1! -I think Im gonna try to do alla that camera shit too so I can post pics here! :) -Mabey I'l wait till a son, daughter or son in law or someone comes over and I could ask them.. -I really suck at camera and computer shit! :( -Id really like to post pics here but I just got some kinda crazy ass button problem. -I DO know what "push twice and hold" meens but it just dont come out rite when I do it, -over and over again... :)

16. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

is 400 uv good enough for 2455 watts
    gott sun

dang keyboards still dont work right

17. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

pictures at 11;00
    well ten thirty actually but close enough, here's some pictures.

18. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

heres some closeup of my creeper pheno, the humbolt, and the kush.

creeper is a trip, i may start folding them back into themselves to save space,they like to just lay all around, this little one was fim'd when it was little and well you can see where my hand is it kinda freaked out and exploded.

19. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

well more pics
    b1- i did take a bunch of pictures after lights out yesterday, but my camera filesize was set too big and too much hassle to resize on the pc. so we get the same ol red glow i guess eh

maybe another time ill shoot some under the flourex right after lights out.

20. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

TD: to show the plants in their natural green, set your white balance to "Incandescent" Right now it's probably set to "automatic" or the equivalent of "outdoor bright sunlight" or whatever.
    To get the right filesize, set your "image quality" to "basic" and your "size" to "vga" . VGA gives a pixel size of around 640x480 and BASIC reduces the file to it's smallest size. And then look at the pics on the computer and right click on one, go to properties in the dropdown menu and it'll show you the file size and pixel size.
    The first item, the color problem, is not related to the second thing. You could turn all the lights off and simply use the flash, it corrects for the color automatically. But just check the page in your manual under "white balance". It will let you select for fluorescent light or for the incandescents (MH and HPS).
    Hope this helps.
    About the set-up: arent' you producing a ton of heat with all that light? Some plants show a good distance from one flower to the next (pics 2 & 3 with the hand) with long stretches of stem between leave/flower combo. Did you tie 'm down or bend the tops over or other training techniques? Keep us posted. b1