nutmeg

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by CaptainBeefheartFan, Apr 28, 2007.

1. CaptainBeefheartFan

CaptainBeefheartFan Screwed Up

I have it. Should I or shouldn't I? If I do, I just want to ingest a mild quantity

2. lakeoffire

lakeoffire Live.Laugh.Fuck.

what does it do? i've never even heard of it

3. CaptainBeefheartFan

It's a hallucinogen. It takes like two hours to kick in though. The only guy I know who's ever tried it had WAYYYYYYYYY too much and was tripping at a formal dinner party, because he is a dumbass, and he had such a bad experience with it that he had to go to a therapist. But I'm assuming that if I'm not a dumbass about it and that if I don't eat a shitload of it then that won't happen. I'm just asking if y'all think it'd be worth it

4. Nitrusx

Nitrusx Banned

omg liek nutmeg will fux0r u up!!1!!!

5. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

i cant tell you, ive never been that desperate.

6. CaptainBeefheartFan

wellllll?????

7. wiuf

wiuf Member

apparently it falls in the 'deleriant' category, but it doesn't really seem to have much in common with diphenhydramine or datura or anything of that nature. yes, it takes at least two hours to kick in (often two or three times as long) and a few more after that before you peak. I forget how much you need, erowid has all the info, but however much it tastes awful. imagine the high you'd get from taking three to five hits of weed, but with the inebriation stretched out over the period of pretty much a day, not an hour or so. higher doses will make you hallucinate. it's an okay drug but it's not good for you and honestly, just smoking pot is more fun. I haven't done it in a long time and can't see myself doing it again.

I only had one really fun nutmeg experience of the few I've had. I ate a gram and waited a couple hours and nothing happened so I ate another. then I put on Blue Velvet and had a few more. then a friend came by when I was starting to feel something, we drove around for a bit, then went to meet a couple other friends. I smoked about a blunt to myself and got way too high, and the tree's looked like dinosaurs that were eating themselves and everything was too alive and I started to freak out a bit. my friend L wanted to drive me home but I insisted on walking through a very close park and ultimately walking home instead because I was convinced she would crash the car en route. one of the people, J, said: "yeah man, you should walk through the park! it would be, like, a beautiful and enlightening experience! L, let him walk through the park." but sure enough she drove me back.

whatever. I'm a rambler, haha.

8. CaptainBeefheartFan

well I got drunk last night. should I stay up all night and get drunk, or should I stay up all night and eat a little nutmeg?

9. wiuf

wiuf Member

get drunk. imo.

10. CaptainBeefheartFan

aight :) I'll save the nutmeg for a rainy day

11. allegedly

allegedly Member

Nutmeg is teh pointless!

And if you're going to take it out of a little spice container you have to eat a lot. It tastes like turpentine. Such a weird texture also.

12. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

you have fresh nutmeg right not the shit from your spice rack

13. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Here is a good site: http://www.truthtree.com/Nutmeg.shtml I would do what it says, including the things it lists not to eat while doing nutmeg cause they can harm you. I've been thinkin about doing it too, but I'm not sure anymore because it doesn't seem that pleasant.

14. kar33m

kar33m Member

I think I read on erowid that nutmeg is likelyy to produce unpleasnant effects . I'd stay away from that

15. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Malcolm X did it when he was in prison.