Nudists wearing shoes & socks?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Nature Man, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Nature Man

Nature Man Member

One thing that really anoys me is nudists who wear shoes while nude even worse shoes & socks it looks silly and sort of defeats the purpose dont you think?:confused:

2. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

I agree. Barefoot would be best, and I know a few people who are vey good at doing that on any kind of surface, but I only do it myself if it's comfortable. It's no fun being barefoot if you aren't used to it and the surface isn't friendly--gravel seems to be worst. Sandals are a reasonable compromise. I wear Tevas all the time in summer.

3. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Hi NatureMan,
    i agree as far as it concerns me. I prefer to go barefoot if i go naked, as i feel good this way. But my friend, for example, prefers to wear flipflops or so even at a nudist camp, as he doesn't like to go barefoot on every ground. So what? Important, that we both are happy!
    I agree, going naked and in socks and sandals / shoes is an anachronism. But i think i (or we) have to stand this eyesore sometimes, as everyone should be free to go as she/he likes it best. I wouldn't feel comfortable this way, but i have to accept others obviously do.

4. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Meh. Nudity is such a sensory experience that to deprive oneself of such great input as your bare feet seems... deficient.

Sure, I'll throw on a pair of flips if I need to traipse through extra-sharp rocks, or thorns, or other dangerous or unsanitary terrain, but other than that - barefoot is best!

I even rode a Vespa naked and barefoot.

5. ganesha1967

ganesha1967 barefoot bellybearer

Well, now, there's an alternative approach to the whole Lady Godiva thing!!
    :D

I fully agree with you here, concerning the sensory experience. Especially on a warm summer day, nudity (including bare feet) near water (the sea, ariver, lake, whatever) will get you in touch with all four elements - earth (obviously, via your soles), air (wind on your skin), water (swimming and frolicking in it) and fire (which comes all the way from the sun and even can burn... don't forget your sunscreen!! :cool:).

Sensuality and spirituality in a nice, nekkid package. :D
    I wouldn't want shoes and socks to block me from the Great Mother's body (earth)... it somehow feels like a picture where certain colors are missing.

Merry meet - nude and in our bare feet,

~*Ganesha*~

6. OldTroll

OldTroll Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I would never wear shoes except as needed to protect my feet .... sand can go over 130 degrees in the desert .... lots of sharp pointy stuff in the mountains.

Also, I don't understand, Nature Man, how you could possibly become annoyed because of what another person was or was not wearing. Can you explain please?

Have fun and play safely!

7. dabla

dabla Member

idk. Its probably because i went barefoot so much that i don't understand why most of you dislike wearing shoes so much. Barefoot is awesome but wearing shoes is almost equally appealing to me. Knowing that i can walk through anything without pain and not having to pick my way through things is nice.

8. Nature Man

Nature Man Member

Yes OldTroll your right freedom of expression live & let live etc Point taken it just seemed rather odd to me a naked body & your feet clothed so to speak but yes i understand what you are saying.:eek:

9. OldTroll

I’ve heard that every time a person emigrates from N.Z. to Oz, the average intelligence of both countries is increased.

Have fun and play safely!

[​IMG]
    Sheryl
    Soft and tender, tough and hard ....
    Never touched a razor ....
    I shall love her always!

10. Nature Man

Nature Man Member

Yes a clever quote from a former Prime Minister of New Zealand the late Rob Muldoon a man hated by many in this country but someone never afraid to speak his mind, You either loved or hated him!

11. Xiaoyan

Xiaoyan Member

My problem is that I have very sensitive feet, and a lot of the time I just have to have something covering my feet (at least socks) when I'm at home. Maybe not at the beach, but certainly when walking on the tile floor at home.

12. OldTroll

This old Gweilo offers a foot massage for your sensitive feet.

鬼佬

13. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

I have to agree! Although I truly enjoy the comfort and freedom of going barefoot everywhere, there are times when I like to go glam ;). Slipping on a pair of six inch stilettos, wearing fishnets and staying in touch with my feminine side brings me solace and security. Why should wearing stiletto heels and pink fuzzy bedroom slippers be a joy only reserved for women? :confused:

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

.............:eek:.............Faints.............THUD............:eek:

Cheers Glen.

15. Xiaoyan

Xiaoyan Member

Awww...that's sweet. :) But, is that all you'd like to massage? :wink: Tell the truth, now....:p

16. OldTroll

The truth? That's a real challenge for a Troll, but I'll try.

Just thinking about massaging you ... makes me .... well .... it's damned difficult to typing with my nose!

[​IMG] 鬼佬

17. Xiaoyan

Xiaoyan Member

Oh, I like that....and [​IMG]to you, too! And that was your one thousand and oneth post-just for me! I'm honored! :hurray:

18. Pennyroyal_Tea

Pennyroyal_Tea Member

Well, I have to disagree with the "it defeats the point" sentiment for medical reasons... My feet are massively fucked up, both from my weight and the fact that I have rather flat feet. I walk around the house, shoes or barefoot, they ache like mad. I walk around outside either way, they ache just the same. If I walk more than two miles at a brisk pace, I wind up in deep want of painkillers stronger than what I can get OTC. I once had to walk eight miles because someone slashed my girlfriend's tires... When I got back, I sat down, didn't move for about four hours, and the whole time, "If I EVER catch the bastard who did this, I'll break his legs... Let the little punk feel the pain I'M in right now..."

I will say this though. I have run zig-zag, straight line, etc. in shoes, and from time to time my ankles will twist. I've run barefoot in anything but a straight line, and I usually get hurt. However, in all the times I've run in a straight line barefoot, all out sprint, I've never once wound up walking funny afterward from a twisted ankle. (That's because I usually walk funny due to my feet feeling like I just bashed them with a ten pound sledgehammer...)

19. soccer10

soccer10 Member

I think that people should do whatever the feel comfortable with. Most people are nudists becasue it's comfortable so it makes sense to feel co fortable with what you put on your feet.