Nudist label

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Opera ghost, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Opera ghost

Opera ghost Members

when does one start to think of themselves as a “nudist”? I go nude around my apartment sometimes. I sleep nude, and don’t usually get dressed until I have to go somewhere. I don’t typically take off my clothes when I get home, but I don’t usually get dressed after a shower. I’ll just go nude for the evening.
    Would I be considered a nudist? I do very much enjoy being nude.

jen1976 and JudeLawless like this.
  2. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Labels are pointless sister. Just be you.

Driftrue and Opera ghost like this.
  3. Opera ghost

Opera ghost Members

That’s exactly how I feel! Thanks!

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i think you basically become a nudist when you decide to call yourself a nudist.

of course, you can't just say "i'm a nudist" and never take your clothes off. but i don't really think it's well defined. seems like it might require a certain amount of being nude around other people?

5. Opera ghost

Opera ghost Members

Thanks for the responses. I’m going start telling everyone that I’m a nudist as a justification to be nude more often. I’m always making excuses to my roommates as to why I don’t have any clothes on.

Running Horse likes this.
  6. JudeLawless

JudeLawless Members

I prefer being nude to clothed. I'm nude as often as I can be. Don't know if I'm a nudist or not... I just love to be naked. Do what feels right.

Opera ghost likes this.
  7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah. I don't tend to say "I am a naturist".. But at times it can help to explain behavior.. I usually say "I'm into naturism" to explain why I want to go to the remotest parts of the wherever I am.

Mike518705 and Opera ghost like this.
  8. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

As Popeye used to say "I yam what I yam"

9. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

All you gotta say is "I prefer to be nude." No label necessary.

10. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

I spend a lot of time nude at home as well but would like to take the next step and get out in public.

joker69 likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't know what naturist really identifies as, but as I explore the new possibilities of nudism and barefoot, I prefer to label myself a naturist because it feels natural for me to be natural in nature. -shrug-

bft4evr, Opera ghost and Mike518705 like this.
  12. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

Who needs labels. If you nude or not who cares what it is called. If you are happy nude like me than enough said.

NudistTed likes this.
  13. Steveh

Steveh Members

I knew i was a nudist the first time i went to a nude resort

NudistTed likes this.
  14. travelguy61

travelguy61 Members

having been a member of AANR for many years and a big supporter. I have called myself a nudist about 20 years. And I will say there are many different types of people that call them self's nudist. If being nude and natural and something you enjoy, call yourself what ever you want. And don't mind what anyone says.

NudistTed likes this.
  15. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Social nudism or just going clothes free in your house or backyard ? Laying outside nude to work on your tan, or skinny dipping in a pool or else where? I don't really think there is a written list of requirements that you need to met to be considered a nudist. If your comfortable without clothes and enjoy speeding time that way, then I would say that you fit the title of your choice.

NudistTed likes this.