NRA Anounces National "Bring A Gun To Work Day"

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ezm8, Apr 21, 2013.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I agree. I need to find out if it's even true.

That's definitely true. The only reason I do is because I work in a shop and can see my car at all times, it's about 15 ft away. I figure it's better than leaving in a laptop bag in my unlocked toolbox.

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

What a novel way to settle workplace disputes.

There is no possible way that this could be an authentic proposal.

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

please, there is no need to check the authenticity. It is a joke.

please DO NOT bring a gun to work.

hopefully I haven't given the nra any ideas here :)

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I don't think the NRA is that stupid.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But aren't they the same guys that want teachers to be armed? You know, just in case...

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

And what's the big problem with that? And just in case? How many school shootings have we had now? Yeah. That's because those fucking cowards know they aren't going to be met with equal force in a school.

I'd like to add that they advocate armed guards. If they do 'want teachers armed' which I haven't read anything from them saying that, they would want training and certification to be mandatory.

I'd also like to add that DHS told people to hide under a desk or grab scissors in the event of an active shooter. You tell me which one makes more sense.

8. acuarela

acuarela Member

Remembering my days as a student and some of the teachers I've had, I'd say teachers carrying guns to teach a class with them is not a good idea. Who knows? Maybe the kids would start paying attention.

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Lol. Little johnny would probably stop those smartass comments if the teacher brandishes a weapon..

I personally don't think teachers should have them in the classrooms. But there should be a safe in the main office with at least 3 administrators knowing the code and having extensive training. And that should be up to the individual states/school boards/schools, but that is what I think would be ideal. And of course the federal gun free zone act prevents that kind of choice.

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

There ya' go.

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

The thing is that if the anti gun people wouldn't have made attacks on our rights, the pro gun side wouldn't be annoying. I've been around guns my entire life, got my first gun at 8 years old, and only up until recently have I become vocal about my views regarding guns.

12. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

There's been various acts to control various types of guns for a very long time.

Bringing a gun to work isn't anyone's right. It may be permitted or even required at some jobs, but it's still not a right.

A lot of the NRA tactics are mostly meant to be intimidating, like.... carrying guns into peaceful places, of work or commerce, and calling it a right.

It would also be intimidating if someone went to starbucks with a chainsaw, even if it didn't have any gas. Someone who did so would probably find themselves quickly removed by the police, unless they promptly offered a good reason for having it, and not simply that it's their legal right to own and carry a chainsaw. Just for example.

And if there was a big campaign to order coffee with chainsaws, there would probably be some chainsaw control legislation. I'd blame the people causing it to be necessary, not the people responding, EVEN if they are over-reacting.

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I wasn't talking about attacks on carrying guns, that hasn't even been talked about much. I'm talking about 'assault weapons' bans and magazine capacity limits, all this 'why would anyone need an AR15' bullshit, etc.

But keep pushing. The supreme court might just end up ruling that it IS a right to keep and bear arms outside of the home. And in my state.. it already is. Unless you are a felon or repeat violent offender you have the right to carry a gun. Private businesses can post signs saying no firearms, but none of them do.

14. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

Any place can post a sign, Dont mean i give a shit and still carry. Nothing they can do but bitch unless they want a law suit and media up their ass. If its a school or government i cant, The rest is my right to carry if i choose to.

15. lode

lode Banned

The principal at my mothers school brought a gun to work to show off one day. It accidentally discharged through the wall when he was showing it off. Nobody got hurt. He tried to get the janitor to cover the hole in his wall, not minding that the bullet went though the other wall.

I'm an owner, but I can't imagine convincing people that guns in school aren't a good idea, because it's an awful one.

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

First of all, you're dead wrong, the lawsuit would be up your ass. It is NOT your right to carry a weapon into a private business that asks you not to. (are you not some sort of libtard? Yeah, the property rights of individuals are well and fine, and they should be able to discriminate based on other factors, but if they don't like your guns you'll go all john wayne)

TECHNICALLY, they could probably shoot you if you openly carried a weapon onto their property, despite their insistence that you not.

You are the poster boy for controlling guns. You're doing nobody any favors.

17. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

And their next plan would be to bring a gun to school for kids K through 12? :(

18. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

oh that's a great idea, what could possibly go wrong? Can't wait to see the gun nuts get arrested for doing stupid things....

19. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

It is MY RIGHT. So a sticker takes away my right to carry? LMFAO

I have always and always will carry where i want with two exceptions. I dont open carry, I have a CCW permit. Unless they are going to have an armed person follow me around 100% of the time so i dont have to carry, I will.

Libtards are the only ones who post up their stupid little stickers. I love to see them try and shoot me, It would be open season in the place.

Dont have to go JW, I just call my lawyer and have him explain how much they will loose and after they hang up, With a shitty grin, I get to carry and NOTHING they can do.

20. broony

broony Banned

What you carry for choice of conceal tuna?

Mine is a Glock 19 4Gen 9mm, 15 round mag.