NRA Anounces National "Bring A Gun To Work Day"

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ezm8, Apr 21, 2013.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Firearms have been under attack with all of the recent shootings in the news. Well, the NRA isn't taking this lying down. They've recently launched their PR counter offensive: a national "Bring A Gun To Work Day".

Just like the national "Bring Your Daughter To Work Day", has been valuable in changing public attitudes toward women in the work place, the NRA believes that this campaign will help bring about important changes in the attitudes of the public toward firearms.

"We're certain that the national 'Bring A Gun To Work Day' campaign will encourage the public to have a more positive attitude toward firearms", an NRA spokesman said. "Bringing a gun to work will help encourage your coworkers and your boss to see gun ownership in a more positive light".

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm pretty sure I would get fired for this.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Well, I am not afraid of people with guns. I am afraid of psychos who served time in Iraq killing people, who are now pigs (I mean cops), being allowed to be the only ones who can possess them. Pigs and gang bangers. I am not a fan of the NRA because they work with the government and are not nearly as pro 2nd Amendment as people think, and I think some of these pro-gun people are idiots who do nothing but hurt their cause, but this recent outcry over guns is really fucking annoying.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Oooh, this is a good idea! Why didn't I think of it?

[​IMG]

6. deviate

deviate Senior Member

What's the big deal? I bring a gun to work everyday.. along with 90% of my coworkers.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Obviously works in the Post Office.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Honestly both sides of the debate is pretty fucking annoying. The nra is only hurting their cause here by proposing this idiotic idea.

People have the right to bear arms but there's no need to shove it in someone's face. A gun is a killing machine, show some respect and reverence. That goes for both sides of the debate. I think I've said before that I don't care for guns but I know enough gun owners to respect the use of guns for defense and sport. And if anyone is seriously considering bringing a gun to their place of employment they should probably stop and think about showing their coworkers the same respect.

The gun debate has really gotten a bit ridiculous.

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I do agree that a sanctioned day like 'bring a gun to work' is ridiculous.. a gun is a powerful tool and shouldn't be taken lightly. I'd also be a little concerned about inexperienced bandwagon types bringing their piece in and showing it off then accidentally discharging in the workplace.

As for my job, it's not a problem. And most of the time it stays in my car. Sometimes my laptop bag. The owners carry and they know what I do and have no problem with it. I took the concealed weapons class with my manager.

Under FL law, they can't not allow you to have a gun in your car in the event you need it on the way to or from work. But they can say to leave it in the car.

10. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Seriously? That would be a federal crime there genius.

Oh right, that must've been another horrible sarcastic joke.

11. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I could not agree with this more!

I mean I guess I could take a gun to work, but I don't really think that I am in danger from any flowers or trees, so I don't really think I would need it...

12. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

My firearm is like american express slogan, Never leave home without it.

13. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

But i dont see why sally, Jesse and Ralph need to 'bring a gun to work day'. I have carried for years and NEVER pull it out or show it to anyone. I can see that as a big backfire for the NRA.

There will be a group in the lunch area 'I have a 9mm, Well look here at my .45 acp etc will bring problems.
    Too many people that have a CCW permit and NO expierence (sp?) usuing it and when it should be out in the open. Most people get shot or shoot a person while showing it off or cleaning it.

14. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

n.b., this thread is in "random thoughts", not the news forums.

;)

15. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Yeah, I don't really understand this if it's true. I can see a lot of problems from something like this.

I really doubt though that many people who don't already bring a gun to work will participate in this.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

brings grease gun ,, lets it leak all over marble floors.. for the lulz.. :D

17. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

True. But if they send out posters, Im calling in sick that day just to be sure lol.

IMO the NRA has/is winning, But stupid stunts like this IMO isnt helping their cause. I do wonder if NK has a 'bring a nuke to work day' LMFAO.

But like you mentioned, The ones who will have been doing so for a long time.

18. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I'm a member of the NRA and haven't heard anything about this from email lists and what not. If this is true, I'm calling them and telling them they are fucking idiots for this idea. The more I think about it, the more idiotic it seems.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I work with people that have concealed weapons permits and I'm sure they bring their gun and leave it in their car. that doesn't really bother me but to declare a day out of it is extreme. The NRA is really not helping their cause with this one.

20. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

I havnt recieved anything either email or usps. I hope its just word of mouth BS.

Leaving your firearm in your car is how criminals get their guns. The black market is full of car jacked firearms. Keep it on you or in bag/briefcase or just leave it at home IMO.

But ya, Not helping their cause at all.