Now You See Me

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Shale, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Now You See Me
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    June 1, 2013

I have been intrigued by the trailers to this movie, voiced over by Morgan Freeman who says, "Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see."

It is about magic and this movie, like The Prestige and The Illusionist, toys with us - is it really a trick and a scam or is there actually magic. We start with four magicians working the streets of the city, hustling money with their skills. They are brot together by a secret magician who grooms them for some of the greatest magic acts and a year later they emerge in Las Vegas as The Four Horsemen. They are Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg), Henley Reeves (Isla Fisher), Jack Wilder (Dave Franco) and Merritt Osbourne (Woody Harrelson), each with particular gifts of sleight of hand, hypnosis or lock picking.

The Four Horsemen
    [​IMG]

They have a multi-millionaire sponsor, Arthur Tressler (Michael Caine) whom they credit at each of their big sold-out shows.

Magicians & Millionaire Backer in Private Jet
    [​IMG]

Their Vegas show has them teleport a randomly selected man to Paris where he takes millions of Euros and teleports them back to the audience in Vegas. The theft in Paris is confirmed and the FBI is on the case with agent Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo). He is joined by Interpol Agent Alma Vargas (Mélanie Laurent) against his will.

FBI & Interpol Question "Magicians"
    [​IMG]

However, they don't have a clue how this was done, aside from actual magic, which the press would be ecstatic to report so all the magicians are cut loose. The rest of the movie is how the cops are always several steps behind the magicians as they plot their next big heist in a New Orleans show. Factored into this is ex-magician Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) who now investigates magic acts and exposes the tricks (like James Randi).

The Skeptic
    [​IMG]

This chase goes on several levels with a little ancient occult mysticism thrown in to make you wonder if there really is magic involved. This was the movie I should have seen first this weekend - I really enjoyed it.

2. QueenChapstick

QueenChapstick Member

I wanna see this. Good group of actors, looks awesome to me