Now with Stalking!!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by MysticSnowcone, Jan 18, 2005.

1. MysticSnowcone

MysticSnowcone Member

OK, anyone who didnt read my previous post on this matter, my parents had found out about marijuana, as so many do, and banned me from seeing a particular good friend of mine, with the exception i could drive her to and from school as in prior agreements.

Today my mother, who is of strict Holiness (the religion) background, and not in the business of bringing up things without previous intent, confronted me before work with the following comments:

"Are you still just taking her to and from school??"
    "Yeah...?"
    "You telling me the truth?"
    "Yeah...."
    "So if one of these days we were to follow you around after school, we would find you to still be truthful?"
    "I guess so... you're planning to follow me sometime?"
    "How else will we ever know if you are lying to us or not??"

CAN THEY DO THIS?!?!??!!111 My car has always been my sanctuary away from them!! Even if im not taking her around anywhere else, its the one place I can drive and act like i want to on the open road, around my friends, without having to worry about pissing them off!!! Even already i find myself looking over my shoulder while im on the road, expecting to see their minivan pull around an unspecified corner... I get enough of this bullshit trying to hide my true self from them at home, and at least somewhat resemble what they want me to be in life! But now they are just freaking me the fuck out!!! Im afraid i will constantly have to keep my home face while im out in public!! what to do??? DOES THIS SEEM JUST A BIT OVERLY DONE TO ANYONE ELSE?!?!?!

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i dont put on any face infront of my mum, you have a bad situation. lots of people in bad situations solve them by killing themselves. please dont.

3. element7

element7 Random fool

Who bought the car? If they bought the car well then I guess you're just sol, deal , buy your own damn car. From getting your own car, grow up, get your own damn house and don't ask them to pay for it.

4. mart_182

mart_182 Member

you're 18 man, that glorious age when you can legally tell your parents to go righteously fuck themselves with a crowbar. but seriously, they cant do that to you, its your life. cunning use of floydage in the sig btw :p

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

oh haha i missed the bit where it says 18

sorry your stuffed

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

7. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Like it's been said, you're 18, tell them to screw themselves and move out. But I bet your mom is just going about a psychological war with you, making you paranoid, make you THINK you're being followed. It's actually a pretty good move, gotta hand it to her. Not that she's right at all. That's bullshit, espceially given your age. If you were younger, like 15, well, there's some justification for a parent laying down the law. But you're getting to the point where this is a little bit crazy on their part. You're an adult and can make your own decisions. If they don't want you smoking, fine for them, but following you around? Banning you from seeing friends? That's what people do to 10 year olds.

8. see in blonde

see in blonde Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Get them to pay for your college at a distant location... Sorry bro that must suck.

9. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

18 means they can't punish you anymore. My brother is 18 and even though my parents are paying for his college tuition he still does whatever he wants. The only time he can't do whatever he wants is in their house. They payed for his car, but the car is registered and everything under his name so technicallyits his car so theyc ant take it away or anything. If your sure that they wont call the cops on you for anything then you can tell them straight up that you arent gonna take anymore of that shit. Im only 16 but a year ago my dad would beat the crap outta me and my mom wouldnt do shit about it. one day he jumped on me to try and hit me and being a black belt and all really payed off cuz i brought my kness up and broke 2 of his ribs. whent hey got back from the hospital they tried to tell me i was grounded and i said HELL NO IM NOT that they couldnt ground me for defending myself. now when my dads angry he just walks away and stays in his office for an hour or 2 . You just have to tell them that since your 18 you have alot more freedom now so quit treating you like a little kid. It sounds like your mom would be like mine and try to baby you so shed be wrecked if u moved out so early. Ive told my parents that on my 18th birthday im going out and im gonna blaze a shitload to celebrate, my mom said dont get caught and my dad said you better not do it in my house. they are even sending me to amsterdam as a graduation present. You have to tlak things thru with them and get your point across clearly or else theyll keep giving u shit. my mom found a bong i ordered in the mail but i told her im just starting a collection for when i turn 18 and she let me keep it. DONT TAKE SHIT FROM THEM IF THEY DO FOLLOW YOU THEN THATS INSANE AND A VISIT FROM THE AUTHORITIES SHOULD COOL THEM OFF(im not saying restraing orders, but i bet theyd cool off if the cops called them up saying things like even though hes your son u cnat stalk him.)

10. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

why dont you move out...

11. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i dont think any authority in america is going to stand up for teenager's rights over parents' serveilance.

though someone must have dellusional sense of respect for their parents, to put up with that sort of treatment. still, your parents are probably being more liberal to you than their parents.

I hate seeing how so many people have such bad, lie-entengled relationships with their parents. a friend of mine has one with his mum. against my approval, he lies to his parents every time he comes and sees me (which is often, we are good mates! lol) and tells them hes at some other friends place. his lies have bit him in the ass many times before and dropped him into a pit of paranoia which is really really annoying, caus he spends so much time sometimes sitting quietly and creating more lies to cover up his older ones. its like we have such a great time until burnout comes and he gets quiet, paranoid, and anxious. I HATE being the friend who gets on the parent's badside. Im not even a bad person! i do drugs and muck around a bit in class, but im honest and generous and above everything, one of the least violent or agressive people in any social group we go to. Yet Im the one who gets frowned apon by the parents of friends who have lied.

and so I try to spread honesty to my friends, though most fall into lying at an earlier age and can never get out of it. and its not just caus my mum is very liberal. i realised that one of the reasons that my mum trusts me is because Ive built the trust, she wasnt always as she is.

12. CubanB

CubanB Member

I know everybody already said this but I'm gonna say it too. You are 18......tell your parents to fuck off. Ask your mom what Jesus would do in that situation.........ya that makes no sense but whatever......at least my parents aren't stalking me.

13. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Yes he is 18, which means he shouldn't put up with it. But we should all note... he's 18... his parents don't have to let him live there. They can just as easily kick him out. Now im not saying do whatever they tell you to do, but before you play the "But mom, im 18" card out of you hand, realize that if your parents are this drastic, they might very well kick you out.

And to all you youngin's out there. Stonerbill is very right. I have built much trust with my mother. She knows i smoke pot, she knows i drink, 99% of the time i jsut flat out tell her, just because i don't want to have to deal witha mother who doens't trust me. If i kept sneaking around and shit like i used to, i doubt she woulda been as lenient(sp?) as she is with me these days.

14. MysticSnowcone

MysticSnowcone Member

Well, i dont think i will be calling the police out to my house anytime soon, in my opinion that seems a bit like a mouse ordering the mousetrap for himself. He may not wind up in it at the end, but it's still lurking there.

Second of all, you gotta understand that my mom is a member of the Holiness religion. For those not "enlightened" they are the bunch that believes if a woman wears pants she's doomed to hellfire fields forever. Shes also not supposed to lie, and yes she worries about lying constantly. She wont even sign Christmas cards without first approving the message in the christmas card, i.e. if she says she's thinking about following me, there isnt the posibility it's just a bluff.

Third and finally, yes I am 18, but that doesnt mean i can drop everything im doing and move out, i still must finish school, in which time i am planning to move out. That aside, the legal age of adulthood in Alabama is 19. The car was registered in my parents name when i got it at 16, and after all that has happened i dont think there is much chance of getting their consent to make it mine all mine.

It does sound as though im SOL for the time being, yes. But i am hopeful as soon as schools out and as soon as my friends take our "hell yes we graduated" trip, i will take the freedoms i so desparately need.

15. thrawn

thrawn Member

If they do follow you around, and you notice it. Go to the drive thru, and chill out in the parking lot for a couple of hours. Trust me theyl leave or get the message. Or if you can, leave home early everymorning and see how much they like that. Im serious theres better ways to get the message across than moving out

16. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

I was removed from my home and family because of religious beliefs that i did not agree with.. that and the whole pot tattoo thing really.. didn't go over that well...

I was 18 when i moved out, it's the best feeling in the world to have a place to call your own.. but on the other hand.. it launches you into a new aspect of life... RESPONSIBILITY...as much as you don't want it.. it's yours to keep... just make sure you have your priorities straight...

all too often i'd say to myself.

"Pot? ... or Food?"

God damn Religion..

I've said it before and i'll say it again, infact you can quote me on it.

No good will EVER come from religion.

I wasted 15 years of my life on religion...i would've been better off with a broom stick up my ass... at least i'd have something to show for it?

anyway...

Bob.

17. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

Even Better...

Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the name

18. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

Oh ya, i almost forgot.. don't think just because you're 18 you can tell your parents to go fuck themselves.... granted you CAN.. but it really doesn't help when you're jonesing for rent money.. or money for food.. or shoes... they're still your folks.. if you can't get along with em, move out.. but don't be niave.. they're your parents for pete's sake.

and remember, they can tell you to go fuck yourself right back... shit they could even kick you out if they wanted to... being 18 ain't as grande as you kids think it is.. before you know it you're 19.. then 20.. then 47.... it goes just like that.. especially if you've spent half that time weed napping :p

19. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

oh but id just like to mention that my mum actually did stalk me, but that was when i was a little kid, she wanted to see how i reacted to social situations in teh streets on teh way home so shes follow 100m behind. and i just found out my dad has been spying on my internet, ie, these forums :p lol

20. mart_182

mart_182 Member

hey there bill's dad!!