Now on mescaline.

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by InfiniteOscillations, Feb 1, 2012.

1. InfiniteOscillations

InfiniteOscillations Member

I took a fairly low dose of mescaline the other month and I experienced a very intense feeling of timelessness and eternal now. Anyone else had these feelings? Also I had incredible compassion for nature where as on LSD I have compassion for my animals. Any one experience similar things or is this just based on my setting and my pharmocology?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I definitely relate with experiencing the compassion and appreciation of nature from mescaline. I may get a slight sense of feeling the eternal now from mescaline but I get that feeling more pronounced with Ecstasy and I did that first so it's not really a quality I associate with mescaline.

3. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

I myself have experienced lots of different compassions on LSD, kind of like different "themes" or "lessons".

-Technology was a surprising one, I kind of found a sense of nature in our technology, this was after Steve Jobs death.

-Nature was one of them, I questioned whether I was on shrooms because I kept seeing mushrooms in the sky and the whole earth changed colors and plants and trees grew miles above me, it was a very nature respecting trip.

-Home and Family, I actually got this one on a trip away from home where I realized how comforting a safe home is, and a good family. Kind of like going back to your kingdom

-Death, this was actually my first experience, and I'm looking back now at how much my first experience really affected me. I've often thought about death and suicide, since I was in elementary school, I thought it was normal. And I thought a lot about suicide on my first trip, and I didn't really freak out, because it was a normal topic for me, but I thought about it very seriously and said not to do it, because it's a selfish way out of this world, and it hurts others more than it could help or hurt you. I then later had to go to this psychiatrist when my mom freaked out about these thoughts (she doesn't know a trip acid) and I haven't been back since, but I was then diagnosed with manic depression as it has followed through my dads side of the family, and I had a talk with my parents and that was when I realized that I've kind of been fucked up from birth thinking about suicide and death all the time. So that showed me how my first LSD trip actually brought a problem I never knew I had and I faced it, and now it's not even an issue in life or on a trip, which is very peculiar.

-Sex this was actually an LSA one, it was kind of like the magic behind sex and drugs, like a spacey out of it unknown power that we're attracted to.

Anyways, my point being that I've experienced lots of different feelings on just one drug, so I think it depends a little more on how you use a psychedelic than what drug it is. Though I've heard many reports that peyote is a very nature oriented trip, so I guess it could go anyway.

4. InfiniteOscillations

Great! I love hearing from you guys! Nice lessons you had on LSD.

5. InfiniteOscillations

querilla, I want to private message you. It's not letting me. I have decided to make a 20 in instead of te 24in you suggested. I am a little intimidated with the "double dose". What do you think about the 20in and how big of a difference the dose would make?

6. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

Nature had a very dominant role in most my mescaline trips. You get that feeling like some natural spirit within the cactus is guiding the trip.

Sometimes feel like its an in between of mushrooms and acid. Its ancient and earthy like shrooms, but electric and crystalline like acid. Even sort of an mdma kind of feel as far as body sensations.

Glad you got to experience that!

Black Lotus I feel the same way about trips having themes. Sometimes the themes are like you said, about nature or technology or maybe time, sometime there more abstract, maybe a reoccurring vision, a certain vibe, maybe something beyond comprehension.

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

8. InfiniteOscillations

Okay, I will do 2 feet so time but for now I'll do 20 in XD

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Actually it should be about 24" x 3"-4" diameter.
    the trip report I linked was on at least 32" x 4" and only lasted 18 hours.

10. InfiniteOscillations

I just prepared my tea for boiling. What effects could you say I would get off this 20 in x 3in ?

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Really hard to say. San Pedro is notorious for being very variable in potency.
    How long did you brew it? Should be at least 4-5 hours, preferably with a change of water and also VERY IMPORTANT!-DON'T USE AN ALUMINUM POT- use only stainless steel. Aluminum will react with the alkaloids.

Method I have used with success is
    1) remove the core and waxy skin
    2) chop into small chunks
    3) freeze chopped cactus
    4) use a blender to further break it down, but don't turn it into a frothy foam
    5) simmer at a slow boil for 2-3 hours, strain, add fresh water, simmer for another 2-3 hours (add the juice of 3-5 lemons, it supposedly helps with extraction)
    6) strain pulp out and reduce down to a manageable amount.
    7) allow to cool and force it down

Wait at least 4 hours before passing judgement on whether it worked or how strong. Mescaline is very slow and long on the come-up.

Hope that helps and wish you success and happy trips :)

12. InfiniteOscillations

after you strain the first time wouldnt you have a lot of liquid? How would i reduce that further?

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Set aside the liquid from the first round, then combine it with the second after straining out all the pulp.
    Then just set it at a slow boil and wait.
    When I did the dose linked previously I used a gallon of distilled water and reduced it down to less than 6 ounces.
    In reality it is a two day process, one to make it , another to take it.
    Patience is the key when preparing cactus potion ;)

14. inthydreams911

Doesn't the skin have all the material in it. I defiantly put just the skin in a pot and tripped balls.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

No the dark green meat layer underneath the skin has most if not all the alkaloids in it.

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yes, it is the green layer contains the good stuff. The skin I refer to is transparent and does take some time to peel it off.

17. inthydreams911

^Oh gotcha! Is it worth taking the time to peel it off?

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I think it is, supposed to help reduce gastic distress.

19. nellisun7

nellisun7 Guest

Yes, San Pedro (Huachuma) unlocks the doors to your mind and allows you to see what the system blocks and there is no TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. InfiniteOscillations

Be careful Nellisun.. Don't take this often.