Now new Chinese threat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by erofant, Jan 28, 2022.

1. erofant

erofant Members

Well now .... the Chinese have issued a threat of military confrontation to the U.S. if the U.S. sides with Taiwan to remain independent from Communist China. Communist China wants the chip manufacturing facilities in Taiwan after their own attempted chip-making dominance failed.

Put this in the context of Putin and Xi shaking hands and vowing to work together militarily and technologically recently. Russia is throwing down the gauntlet - AGAIN - in Eastern Europe, and now China is throwing down the gauntlet in the Pacific region. Can anyone see a multi-theatre world war on the horizon???

I've warned of this very thing on this forum previously, and on others as well. WW 3 is only a short distance away. It'll be the end of the human race, because once it starts - rules will no longer matter. Nuclear missiles will be launched and we'll all be dead. Because of 2 people ........ Putin and Xi Jinping.

Piney likes this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

You've probably got more to worry about in Kashmir, where a sufficiently heinous terrorist attack by Pakistan would result in a ground incursion by India which will quickly overwhelm conventional Pakistani defense forces...and Pakistani regional commanders have autonomous release authority with no need for failsafe approval from Islamabad. India would undoubtedly respond in kind. Their stated policy is MAD; even if the initial strikes are limited, low-yield, and tactical in nature, the response would be overwhelming and strategic, targeting Pakistani cities. The pogroms of India's increasingly violent Hindu nationalism may provide the provocation for just such an attack.
    There have already been three Indo-Pak wars fought since 1947, and Pakistani intelligence services and presumably military are rife with Al Queda. If China, which went to war with India in 1962 and has fought several border skirmishes with India in the past two years, were to take such an opportunity to seize Indian territory while Indian conventional forces are tied down in Kashmir, even a relatively limited nuclear exchange would inevitably broaden into an apocalyptic "nuclear winter" for the rest of the globe.
    Game over, thanks for playing.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  3. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

Where have you been for the last 70 years ??? Don't you know that despite great tension in the air on the planet is extremely high, there won't be any war .....nuke war that is.....because there will be NO WINNER on the planet . What good is a war to any side if they perish amidst the Great Shroom too ? PLS wake up people.

4. erofant

erofant Members

I'm well aware of the "MAD" concept. I'm also aware of a few men throughout history willing to risk everything to gain ultimate power and domination. Never say never. Male (I am one) ego and the sense that "no one is going to tell ME what I can & can't do" is alive and well in plenty of men in the world. "Don't think I'll do it?? Hold my beer."

Multiply that feeling 10,000 times when put on the world stage. They can't be seen as "weak" to their home citizens on either side - gotta "save face" - even if that might mean blowing the planet into dust particles.

Gotta love the "he-man, tough guy, macho" thing. If war breaks out - conventionally - and it goes really bad for either side ......... look out for the itchy trigger fingers on the "red buttons." Once a button is pushed ...... it's all over for humanity.

5. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

But you are confirming what I said in my previous post....no sane or insane human being who wants total power and domination over the world would ever push the Shroom button.....power and domination over a puny pile of dust ?? But what am I saying ? There won't be any dominator either ??!