Now here's a question!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bellfire01, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

Have you ever done this or had this done to you? Sharon and Gunther went to a nice restaurant that was filled with people. They were going out for the first time in months and their relationship is going pretty good. (Or so they thought.)
    Right after the waiter takes their order, Gunther begins telling Sharon about his day. (This was a typical thing) Right in the middle of Sharon's turn to speak the food arrives. They stop to say grace and then start their meal. Sharon is almost through with her story when Gunther cuts in, "There is no easy way to say this but I'm not happy in the relationship and I've been seeing someone else." Sharon looks stunned but keeps her composer.

Tell me what you would do next.
    Why do people choose to break up this way?
    Have you ever been on either side of this type of break up?

2. Bellfire01

I guess this never happens.

3. smilez

smilez Member

Wow, I don't know how I would have reacted. I'd probably want to just get up and exit the restaurant. I would NEVER do that to a guy.

4. Bellfire01

I heard a guy, (I can't remember if it was a show or real) say that it's less embaressing that way. (It prevented her from yelling or making a scene because people would be watching.)

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

hahah id be like, just as long as you pay for the meal, all is well :D

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i've never been dumped. i think it's messed up. once i was sure it was over with my ex, i told him so, and that i was gonna start dating other people. that he chose to not believe me was his problem.

7. Bellfire01

He should have told her before she ordered. (A lady deserves one good lobster meal.) ;)

8. smilez

smilez Member

Hell yeah. He better be paying especially after doing something like that.

9. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Hmmmm, wouldn't it be funny to stand up, pour your drink on him and then leave?

10. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

haha i would freak him out and lie and tell him i was pregnant and let that sit in his mind for a day :D haha

11. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

ive never had that happen but ive been dumped before

i would be pissed off that he'd asked me to the restaurant in the first place to dump me coz i would think thats a good sign if hes saying come have dinner with me. i would maybe ask a few questions then get up and leave.

12. Phsh Melt

Phsh Melt Member

Well tho I dont agree with him pretending they were fine while eating, I have no problem with breaking up this way. I see it as a sign of respect to break up in person, he did. I see it as nice to let the other person enjoy one last nice meal, he did. He may have been a little harsh with his words, but if they truly had a good relationship that was growing apart, this should have been the perfect way to break it off.

13. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i agree with the last poster. but id order whatever the hell i wanted. :)

14. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

Ding ding ding. I think that's why most people do it that way. I knew a lady who would not allow her husband to take her to red lobster because her father dumped all of his wives there. It was also the only time he'd eat there. I'm with mystical, as long as they were paying for the food, all I can say is "Thanks for dinner, good riddance"

15. Bellfire01

I'd order expensively call a cab and send him the bill lol. ;)