Nov 22, 1963

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by granny_longhair, Nov 22, 2010.

1. granny_longhair

granny_longhair Member

I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was the day our innocence ended, the day our dream died, and the echoes of the bullets that flew down Dealey Plaza continue reverberating to this day.

My heart is heavy with the memory.

John F. Kennedy was a great leader and a wonderful president. He was not perfect, but my country has not seen the like of him since.

I thought I saw him walking over the hill,
    but it seems the good, they die young.
    I just turned around, and he was gone ...

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I often wonder what would have unfolded had he not been shot & was able to win re-election in '64.

3. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I also wish Robert Kennedy hadn't been assassinated. Saw a movie about the times once, including the LSD/brainwashing conspiracy. Crazy stuff... such a shame, the people that stand for righteousness and great ideals only last for so long.

4. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

he was very, very, very close to being confinded to a wheel chair during his first term. he was on churchs most of the time as presdient.
    kennedy had addison's disease and his health was in decline. more then likely, he would have finished a second term as president. there was always a very high chance he could have dropped dead during his term as president.
    none of that was any big deal though. franklin roosevelt proved that even a "cripple" could be a super great president.:cheers2:

more then likely, if kennedy had served a second term, he would have had his ass stuck in the same crack that johnson's was in... vietnam.:puke:
    then the chant would have been, "hey, hey, jfk how many kids have you killed today!"

back on november 22, 1963, i was at grammar school, in the second grade, in duluth, minnesota. i was looking out the window at the snow flurries and, the american flag blowing in the wind.
    another teacher came into our class, and told my teacher, that kennedy had been shot in dallas; no other school work got done that day!

john kennedys' death was bad enough!
    four years later, having both king and bobby killed, just a few months apart was the real super death kick in the gut of america!:mad:
    three of the best, OF OUR BEST in america shot down in cold blood in four years time!!!
    by the end of the 1960's or, the mid 1970's, something great and good in our national spirit had died.
    it started with john kennedys' death, and i guess, the the last major nail was driven into the coffin of the american spirit with watergate.

5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Actually both Bobby and John had decided to end the war in Vietnam, just before the assassination, and was more than likely the reason they both were assassinated...

When "our country" decides to go to war, nothing will stand in its way, least of all some liberal politicians.

6. granny_longhair

granny_longhair Member

I was in high school. The vice principal came around and told us. I remember riding the bus home to find my mother sitting silently in front of the television, with tears streaming down her face. I guess that's when I really knew what it meant.

The Kennedy brothers individually were special, but together, they were dynamite. I remember JFK got a lot of criticism for naming his brother as Attorney General, but between the two of them, they provided wisdom and statesmanship at the top of our government that we have not seen since.

We now have an entire generation of Americans who don't even know what "statesmanship" is :(

7. AK Bones

AK Bones Member

John Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy, Martin Luther King. All leaders of the Left. Does anyone truly believe this was just a coincidence?