Nothing changes

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sprout, Jan 1, 2005.

1. sprout

sprout DeadHead

For me nothing is differant about the new year. Today is no differant than yesterday except for the date. Does the new year mean anything for any of you? 2005 means I have to remember that its not 2004....thats about it........and oh yeah, no jive in 05

peace

2. Magnus76

Magnus76 Member

Too early to tell really, IMHO.

3. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Ummmm... not really. I just think it's annoying to learn how to write the date all over again. I just got used to writing 2004 and now I'm supposed to write 2005 instead...? NO way can I remember that. :p

(It's difficult for some people, so don't look at me like that! :p)

4. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

nothing really changes for me.....

....well....there are a few notable events that will be taking place this year for me....but beyond that....nothing changes except the date.....

5. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i like to try to think of it as kinda a fresh start... but in all actuality, nothing really changes.

6. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I dont ever think of new years and as anything different..its a new year, so what, its a new day every day, do you see anyone celebrating that :D
    haha I still remember Y2K :D

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

things change every single day...who cares if its a new year...each moment is new so live them all as if they were your most important, cause they are....so new years, what are those, while living moments, i cant grasp years;)

8. sprout

sprout DeadHead

yeah I used think I needed to party on new years eve but now I don't really care unless there is just something going on that warrents my attention.

new years eve on a friday........

cop frenzy.....am I right? ....and we all know that cops can sense dreadlocks :H

9. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I don't know, I place somewhat of a significance between years. Kind of just marking a moment in time and reflecting, cataloguing life. Oh and ofcourse I was always look at silly things like there's a big difference between 1979 Grateful Dead and 1980 Grateful Dead... ad infinium

10. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

That's always been so annoying.... I get so used to writing one year, then the next year for the first few months I usualy write the wrong year... :rolleyes:

Other than that, nothing has really changed... Same old crap as always. :rolleyes:

11. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i think everything changes as interval said its a fresh start...

i get this feeling this is my year. last year sucked ass. 5 is my favorite number 1995 was good for me as 1985 was , those years there was something significant that happened to me.... so this is 2005 another year ending with my favorite number, plus im am a 5 year cycle person (so anything ending in 5 or 0 have been my years of change and rebirth)

i have a good feeling about 2005

12. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I turn 30 this year :( that kinda sucks

13. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

Dont worry about it. I worried when i turned 25, but i've realized im still young at heart, just not stupid anymore:D

14. dhs

dhs Senior Member

oh, I'm not all that worried about it. 30 actually is my favorite number along with 268 - don't ask. It's just another year for me to push adulthood off. 35 sounds good for that, I'm not through being a kid just yet

15. sprout

sprout DeadHead

Thats true I guess.

Grateful Dead years are different though. Somehow, especially after 76, it seemed like each year was some kind of change in their sound. The 69'-70' transition was pretty dramatic as well.

As for me, I guess I do want to take the new year and use it to sort of grasp all thats happened and make changes accordingly. A new years resolution if you will, that of course I never uphold.