Nothing But Nibbles

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by JJ DIAMOND, Aug 16, 2005.

1. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

One day last summer I decided to go fishing. I packed up my gear and went to my favorite fishing hole, I waited patiently for a bite, alot of nibbles but just couldn't pull in the big one. Almost out of bait I decided to call it a day. Suddenly two men approached me and said "are you getting any bites". I replied "only nibbles", they sat down and threw in their lines.
    I started to talk about the last time my brother and I were fishing, I said "yeah my brother whipped his line out far and out of nowhere a seagull flew down and bit his hook". My brother was reeling in a seagull from the sky, suddenly the man was reeling in a seagull also, it was strange.
    We finally untangled the bird and let it go. My brother was mad at me that day because I had a full stringer of bass and all he caught was a bird. My brother had a few to many beers that day. so he got mad and threw his pole in the water. While Im telling these guys the story, one shouts, "Hey I Got A Bite".
    He starts reeling in his line and don't you know it, it was my brothers fishing pole. It was unbelievable, we all started cracking up. Then one guy says "hey did your brother lose anything else down there".I said "no but last week I lost my gold watch right down there".
    The man kicked off his shoes and dove in. When he came out of the water I told him I was only kidding, he was soaked, we all started laughing so hard tears were rolling down are face. I really had a good time that day even though all I got was a few nibbles.

2. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

That's cool as hell man! Caught a goddam bird, hahaha!

Anyways, sounds like a fun time, good thing those guys were cool, didn't get pissed about your little joke. Good times man :D

3. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

I left out the part that I gave those guys some beers, you dont want to bite the hand that feeds ya.

4. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A Buzz :)

5. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

ya I can always look forward to that man, a BUZZ that is ha ha.