Not Wanting, Needing to Grow

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by MadPotHeadChic, Jan 23, 2006.

1. MadPotHeadChic

MadPotHeadChic Member

Other than a "snitch", light leaks, and other basic ways of getting caught, are there any other ways of cops to begin suspecting someone of growing?

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

thermal imaging, icreased electricity bills,SNITCHES,receipts from grow shops,- dont use credit cards when buying grow stuff- always pay cash and destroy receipts. smells outside house. getting arrested with possesion and then having house searched, and thats about it i think

3. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

the sudden increase in electricity bills is a big one

4. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Taking to much acid and turning yourself in . Thats a bad one.

5. Hazer

Hazer Member

I made a couple mistakes then. I used credit card for my light system at the hydro store. Also the energy consumption, maybe since its getting hotter out now mine will be overlooked due to the AC being on. The ac is on a lot now plus I have a 400 watt lamp going 18 hours a day.

Do i have anything to worry about?

Is there any way to quickly (in seconds time) destroy any plant evidence in case athorities were knocking on my door? Some sort of incinerator or something?

6. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

An extra 400W is nothing to bother about. When you switch to flowering it will only be on 12 hours daily. If you consider one bar on a small electric heater is only 1000w then then its obvious 400W isn't that much.
    As for destroying the plant in a second never heard of anything that does this. Normally people only get caught by somebody informing on them. If you tell nobody and use sensible odour control theres no reason you should get caught. Think this tale of being caught by the electric company is a bit of a myth many people use electricity for allsorts of different reasons I would think the electric company would be more than happy for you to spend as much as possible with them.

7. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

I hear the hydro stores are selling self-destruct buttons for small to industrial sized grows. Incineration? Fuck no, try total disintegration of matter on a molecular level. The snowman from hell strikes again :D

Pay cash for everything folks.

8. Nickelbag

Nickelbag Member

Police would have to have a warrant to sieze information from either a grow shop or an electric company.

I don't know of anybody who ever got busted by being traced from the place they purchased the equipment. And anybody I know that was busted through some connection to their hydro, was because they were stealing electricity, and/or had illegally installed panels, etc.
    If you are using too much hydro, I would expect to get a phone call or a visit from the electric company to check out what the problem is. If anything, that is how you would get busted, when the repairman catches a glimpse of your crop.
    Maybe it's different where you are. *SHRUG*

It would be pretty presumtuous for anybody to automatically assume you are growing dope just because you use alot of hydro or because you bought grow equipment.
    What about a wood working shop? Or an Arc welder? What about a legitimate indoor garden? What about several electric heaters in a poorly insulated home?

If the police were to look at any aspect of your hydro consumption, they would be more interested in the usage pattern, and there is nothing you can do about that, other than to have 2 flowering rooms on alternate schedules. Even still, there would be a big spike when they switch.

I would seriously question my government if they were wasting my tax dollars chasing maybe's.

Most people get busted because they do something that attracts attention.
    Neighbours might complain if it smells alot, either from growing or from smoking.
    Or if you always have traffic coming to your house, distrupting the peacfulness of the community. Or if you party alot and smoke and drink without discretion.
    Generally, if you give your neighbours a reason not to like you, you better be extra careful. Otherwise, unless you are supplying others, the cops aren't going to be looking for you.

Of course, you should excercise caution still, but paranoia just makes you more suspicious.