not sure on the lights i sould buy

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Mr.Good Cat, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Mr.Good Cat

Mr.Good Cat Member

So im going to have a grow room this winter and I'm not so sure on what lights i should get.. I should start by saying that i want to grow hydroponically and have 6 plants flowering at once with a separate room off to the side for the veg stage plants.. I am considering going LED but i remember seeing a post on here a wile back where the LED lights were not producing as big a buds as with the other style lighting.. so im just looking for some info and people to point me on one way or another.. one reason why im kindof leaning away from the LED is bc this room will be in a part of my house i don't heat and living in ny it gets a big chilly.. so any advice would be appreciated, thanks yall.

2. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

i vote for hps for bloom with good extraction and a decent (separate) temperature controlled fan speed controller.
    vegetation you really don't need much smaller hps and or cfl.

note... fan speed controller you want one that steps the voltage.