Not seeming high.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SagaciosuKJB, May 27, 2004.

1. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

Well, as of now the only time I can get high is late at night. This is because I don't want to smoke until my parents are in bed, and there's not that much probability that they will walk in on me high. Also, because it helps with paranoia.

Well, the problem with this is that I want to smoke during the week, too, but I'm so tired in the morning that I don't want to get up. The solution I see is to smoke earlier, but if I do that, there's a chance my parents might walk in, and I'm a light-weight who'd give himself away.

What I'm wondering is if there's any way I can act normally when I'm stoned, or anything I can do to adjust to acting normally when I'm stoned. I know getting up is more important than smoking, but I want to explore all my possibilities before I decide to just live boring week nights.

2. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

you need to get used to getting high. after a while you'll be able to control yourself in front of others, How long have you been smoking for?

3. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

About 4 months by now, but not around a lot of people. I've probably smoked with friends a total of under 10 times. If that matters at all.

4. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Smoke alot more, and get used to the feelings of being high. After a while you'll get the hang of acting sober if you gotta.

I can't really tell you how to, it just comes to you

5. PeZoAmO

PeZoAmO Member

It took me about a year of tokin to get completely used to it. It takes is time, but itll come.

6. Velouria

Velouria Member

You'll be surprsied how quickly you can sober up when you're around your parents. I was scared the first time I had to be around my parents while high, but it actually made us get a long better.

7. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Keep some Visine around, prob goes without saying.

8. emublazin

emublazin Member

yea visine and cologne and your str8 no one will no u high but u. also only do things you can do and look normal while high.. like sit on the computer or something and don't talk a whole lot.

9. As long as i don't smell like herb or my eyes aren't cashed, i don't care who i'm around, and am not paranoid. also, if you believe that it's not wrong to smoke weed, it's easier to not be paranoid. I really don't care anymore if I get caught, cause I'm one of those people who thinks weed can save the world, and it's not a bad thing. So since i'm not paranoid when i smoke, i don't act high and don't get caught...

10. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

saaame, u will be surprised if u try that u can fake being completely normal. and remember this...they probably don't EXPECT u to be high, so just act normal and remember from the outside they can't tell. :D

11. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

First try gettin a lil buzz not getting totally blazed and see if you can handle being around your parents, you really shouldnt have a problem because red eyes and the scent can easily be taken care of. If that works then the next time smoke a lil more, just relax and gradually get used to it. Pot is really easy to control.

12. BluntMan420

BluntMan420 Member

just smoke a lot... like many people have sed in this post already... do it at night a little more... i dont know how much it takes to get u totally fucked up but from the way it sounds im thinking 1 blunt would do it... start by smoking 1... then after a while smoke more and see if u can control it... maybe smoke two and try to control it... if u can control urself with two then u def. can after 1 and chances r you'll still get pretty high... and as far as smell and eyes its easy to cover up... i dont have that prob. tho cuz i can be high around my parents as long as i dont act like a total asshole and they dont get that pissed

13. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

I don't think smoking a blunt is a good idea. I actually dont think blunts are good for beginners. At least not the blunts we roll down here. A bowl would be much better for a beginner and they can measure how much they're smoking hit after hit.

14. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

a good trick a friend taught me to avoid being noticed as high (works well if you're on mushrooms) is act upset. not crying or anything, but kinda down. if they ask if you're alright just say "yes i'm fine" and go back do doing what you're doing. if you're writing in a notebook or at the computer you have an excuse to not make eye contact, and if you're sad it just gives you another excuse to look down at what you're doing. if they keep persisting just act like you don't want to talk about it, but don't get angry or too upset, don't want to raise suspicion :)

15. Ganjaman420

Ganjaman420 Member

I think its all in your head. I use to be so scared around my parents but they have no clue. They found out that i smoke and they check my every time i come in the door and they havnt seen me all day. They have starred me straight in the eye from like 2 feet away and i had no visine on or any cologn but they had no clue. As long as you can act pretty normal like dont break out laughing and fall on the floor but u can make a few trip ups and they wont know. Its all in your mind

16. bertrose

bertrose Member

It definately is in ur mind, parents have no clue...its when u THINK they knew and ur paranoid about them knowing when u goof up and they start suspecting...

17. recently, like in the past three months, i have been getting high regularly (three or more times per week)...only recently have i started going to school high, but its not as hard as you think it is...but only ten times and not around people isn't good, you should probably just wait til you're out of school and get high during the day and go out with friends to public places, its a good way of getting used to it

18. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

its definatley possible to act 'normal'

although, its easier for some than for others. it also depends how suspicious your parents be.

19. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

Oh, I think someone may have misunderstood. I've been stoned a lot more than just 10 times, but I've only smoked out with other people around 10 times.

My parents, though, are druggies. They've been around people when they're stoned, been around people when they're drunk, too. I've seen my parents look at someone and be like, "Wow. They're stoned to shit," and they didn't even look high to me at all. My sister came home stoned one time, and I didn't notice at all, but my mom did. And they know that I smoked pot. They found out about a month ago, but I told them I woudln't do it anymore and faked the UA. Their reasons for not wanting me to do it are completely ridiculous, so I feel it was justified.

And to get my totally fucking gone? Hmm... Well, I get pretty stoned off one bowl to myself. I've smoked 4 bowls straight before and gotten pretty baked. On Sat. it took me an 8th between two people to get totally fucking gone. I've been buzzed in front of my parents before tons of times. I've walked by them brifely when I was stoned. But, the main thing I'm worried about is conversing with them when I'm baked. And being startled when they knock on my door.

I remember one time I was right in the middle of a bong hit at about 8:30 at night, and I was already pretty blazed. My dad knocked on the door, I had to exhale, put the bong away, and by the time I got there, he said, "Okay, I guess you don't want any ice cream." Now this was all before they knew ANYTHING about me smoking pot. So, I figure he probably figures I was doing "somethng", if you know what I mean. If they were to knock on the door, I don't know how well I'd be able to maintain myself. I may as well start experimenting, though.

Too bad I have no weed right now.

20. its funny, when i'm smoking with friends and we have to go out in public when stoned, i feel like i can't move, and i get paranoid...but, with my parents, they can enver tell when i'm stoned around them. i asked my mum once if she could tell if iwas stoned the other day, she said nope. so, i can only act normally infront of my parents. usually, i sit in my bed and smoke and listn to my Pink Floyd and just kinda get into the music...the sucky part, even though i have a lock on my door, and my parents know i smoke, i still get paranoid to listen to whole songs all the way throough.