not random but - might move to kuwait

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by FunkyPhreshMama, Apr 11, 2007.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

we had a friend that was there for something like 2 years while he was in the army, and he seemed to enjoy it. He sent us back a few bootleg items, and told us that kuwaiti's don't actually work since they all get in on the oil money, and foreigners run all the businesses there. I guess if you wanna make a lot of money in the sortest time possible, kuwait seems to be the way to go. I'd go for it, if i were you!

What are you going for anyway?

2. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

well my husband is a contractor, he is a network administrator (does all that computer stuff) and would be working in a hospital there...

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

UAE is like that too, 10 percent oil rich Natives, 90% imported workers.

4. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

Okay, I'm going to be a total rebel and go off topic for just a sec, but oh my god could you imagine? All you have to do is be born and bam, you've got money. You'd never see something like that in the United States.

But anyway....Funky, you know it will kind of suck if you leave, because even though I've been saying it for like 2 years now I swear we still intend on moving to NC, and I'd like to meet you and your kiddies one day. Can't do that if you're all the way on the other side of the planet. But, I can see why you'd wanna jump on that. I just looked it up on google, and except for a couple of attacks on american soldiers, it seems very safe. Probably safer than our country to be honest, because everyone there has fat happy pockets. I haven't found anything so far on google about violence against civilians. I don't know where to find any kind of official stats on it though.

5. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i tryed to check news papers and stuff and didnt see anything.......... looks ok to me and when we come home if you are in NC we will hang out =)

i promise to keep in touch if we decide to go

6. crummyrummy

They have the internet in Kuwait, I am sure of it.

7. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

Oh I know, lol I checked the newspapers online and we will have high speed internet in our room or house or whatever LOL

8. crummyrummy

I am all about the ephedra free intertubes....;)