not random but - might move to kuwait

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by FunkyPhreshMama, Apr 11, 2007.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

how about this, we are contemplating moving the whole family to Kuwait for a year and come home with a big ass truckload of money... now this was just thrown out on the table and we have made no plans so don't get your pretty little panties in a wad just yet, we haven't even had the chance to discuss it yet since Tommy doesn't come home till Friday... So it is just an idea!!! It would be a nice alternative to Tommy going to Kuwait for 6 months alone (I dont know what the hell I will do with him gone...). I have been looking up a lot of info on safety and stuff to do there..... I would never take the kids somewhere where safety would be an issue, it looks like there are a few really good American and British schools there and I would never ever want to go near the borders, but that is common sence....................

Just wanted to throw it out there to get some info if any of you have been there, or if you know anything that I might not know...

2. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Wow. That would certainly be an interesting year!

Good luck with whatever you all choose to do!

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

the more i think about it the more excited and less scared I get about the whole idea, i have never lived outside of the town i am in now. i dunno, guess me and tommy will discuss it when he gets home, we would have to figure out what to do with our house and all our stuff and good lord....... it would be a lot of work, but it might be cool...

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Kuwait is very stable right now, and your family is not the type of American family that would provoke the locals into violence.

Go there, and have fun. A couple of my high school teachers went on to teach in Kuwait and they love it there.

5. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

awesome thanks for the info Rubin =) I thought it was pretty stable there, they are in the process of bringing in more fancy hotel chains and such... and if worse comes to worse I can pretend I am Canadian =) and it brings us closer to a lot of cool vacation spots. maybe we can do something other than going to disney in florida HAHA of course I am not gonna drive thru Iraq or Iran LOL would have to fly to go on vacation HAHA

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yeah, it's really not bad.

One of my best friends from high school lived in Kuwait for a year, he came back (to Spain, where's he currently lives) with lots of turbans and hash.

Says he had some good times.

7. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

Nice.... forgot about the hash =)

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

... and ofcourse... the opium, the easily available pharms, the cheap heroin, the extremely cheap ganj (even though a tad hard to find... but hash is everywhere), and the kickass Arab booze. (...and ofcourse... the food, oh man).

I wish I could live there, they don't like my kind in those places though... an Israeli passport is very limiting.

9. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

yeah I guess so... Damn...

I am all about some food tho, I don't usually care what kind and I don't eat pork so I should be safe LOL

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Man.... Arab food is one of the best in the world...

Falafel, Shawarma, Hummus, Thina, Hatzelim, Butke, etc, etc, etc.

11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Wow, what an experience that would be! I say go for it!

12. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I myself am considering going to Kuwait when I get out, not HIGH on the list, but on the list.

13. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

crummy, there is money to be made there if you wanted to go for work...

14. crummyrummy

tax free money, and the Kuwaitis fly the same plane I work on now....

15. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

rock on, your all set then =) and you can bring home loads and loads of cheap gold to sell... double bonus.................. how much longer you got in?

16. crummyrummy

one year, 4 months 17 days...not that I am counting or anything.

17. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

LOL you probably have it down to the second...........

18. crummyrummy

not yet, I will formulate that prolly around the one year mark

19. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

i think it's cool that you're up for that experience. I would be scared shitless. I'm not very good with change. It would be cool for your kids.

20. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

If it was just me and I didn't have any kids I would jump up and pack my bags now... I just have to talk about it and do research first so I know what I am getting us all into