Not me, but my friends

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by Coal, May 31, 2007.

1. Coal

Coal Member

Well, yesterday I was pretty sick. I didnt go anywhere and I'm probably lucky. My two best friends (hell they even get the top on my myspace) came over yesterday about 7 or 8 then went to our other friends house to chill after they found out I was sick.

They got to his house, relaxed there a bit and smoked some, then headed off to one of their houses. It was about 10:00 now. Here in TN, the curfew on weekdays is ten. So they go walking up there and when they get to a main street and ready to cross, they hear it.

The cop pulls up, doesn't even search them or ask them where they live, just slaps the cuffs on and slams them in the car and heads to the police station or juvenile hall (whichever it is). Then they search my buddy and find out he's got the weed and my other friend had some squares on him. The one with the weed's mom comes down and picks him up, but my other friend is probably still up there cause his dad's an asshole.

So what do you think they'll get? My buddy with the weed has a courtdate in August. Should he not smoke any until then? Damn this sucks, because my buddy with the weed is grounded all summer now.

2. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

Well I have a few questions.

How old are your friends?
    Have they been busted before or is this their first offense?
    How much weed did they kid have on him, did he have a pipe as well?

The kid with the squares won't really get shit, and I really doubt they'll do too much to the kid with the weed cuz I'm guessing hes around 15 or so. They'll go very leanent on them.

3. Coal

Coal Member

Well, I just found out that my friend with the cigs, it was papers not cigs. :p I misunderstood my friend. They're 16 and 14(the one with the weed is 14). He had about a quarter on him and no pipe. The one who is 16 has been in trouble before but only due to curfew, not weed.

4. mortes

mortes Senior Member

Damn that sucks man. From my understanding of the law cops can do what they did, but they were real jackasses about it. Out past curfew usually just means they call your parents and give you a warning, however this wasn't the case. After they got your friends on curfew, they legally can search and pretty much do w/e they want. It sucks man, but its the terrible law and there isn't much you can do about it.

Most likely your friend will either get lucky and only have to pay court fees. (he'll most definately have to piss clean, that's a good sign to a judge and tells him that your friend has changed his ways) Or he could get probation for up to a year. (this is the most that can happen) Being a minor really helps in this situation because you are looked at completely differently. I had a charge close to my 18th birthday and I ended up having to pay 100 bucks total for having a half ounce on me. I got lucky and your friend may get lucky as well, but I wouldn't count on it. Tell him to quit smoking a month before his court date to be certain of passing. Other than that there isn't much you can do. Good luck.

5. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

the one with the weed could get a year of probation. 6 months if he's lucky

6. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

nah he's 14, they'll drop it and his record will be clean when he's 18. any judge in his/her right mind won't waste taxpayer money prosecuting a 14 year old over some weed.

then again, if the cops are dicks, the judge might be too.

7. MOZMAN

MOZMAN Member

shit one man. fucking curfew thats a breach of human rights man. where do you bagdad or somthing. i feel for you with police like that in england your mates wouldve got a caution on the side of the road or a charge sheet issued there and then.