not accepting death a problem?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by peaceful chaos, Jan 18, 2005.

1. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

ok i was just thinking say if you were a believer in peace its commonsense that you wouldnt go out and shoot someone but what about when your life is in danger by someone else like they take out a switchblade and start to attack you would you stick to your beliefs and die peacefully or would you not accept death and attack that person back shattering your morals in half?

post your coments please :)

2. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

There was a fierce warlord who ruled the countryside with ruthless violence, killing all who opposed him, and taking whatever he pleased wherever he went.

One of the villages heard he and his followers were ravaging the areas nearby and was headed for their village. The whole village grabbed what they could carry, and headed for the hills, fearing for their lives.

One monk, the most wise and elderly one, said he would stay behind in the temple. Everyone thought him crazy and that he would be killed for sure.

The warlord entered the village and soon found the sole remaining inhabitant, and was affronted by his audacity to have not fled.

He said to the monk, " Don't you know who I am. I am the man that could run you through with this sword without blinking an eye!"

The monk was not at all affected by this, and replied to him, " Don't you know who I am? I am the man that you could run through with your sword, and I would not blink an eye."
    The warlord was so awed by this monk's response that he gave up his old ways and stayed as a student of the monk from then on.

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Me, I'd kill the bastard. Comin at me with a knife for no good reason, I would not hesitate to kill him if that was what I had to do. I remember reading about 4 teens who jumped a little old man in a park, I think he was 58, and under 5 and a half feet tall. They were all bigger, and of course much younger. Well.....one of them got away, the other three had to go to the hospital. He was a Vietnam vet green beret.
    I would try not to kill my attacker, but it would not be ruled out.
    Like Malcolm X said, "by whatever means necessary."

Gandhi was possibly the greatest pacifist, and he said that contrary to most peoples beliefs, pacifism takes tremendous courage.

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I like that story blackguard. [​IMG]

Chinese proverbs aside, If somebody attacked me with a knife, I'd sure as hell fight back and pray I was wearing a jacket.

5. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

I'd kick him wear it hurts, take his knife and run towards the sun!

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

His self esteem? [​IMG]

7. Moonfirepheonix

Moonfirepheonix Member

Id shape shift into a raven

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Hope you'd be a stab proof raven.

I'd just hit 'em with my fire breath. [​IMG]

9. RogV

RogV Member

Good question and one which has to be asked, but if we were all so 'peaceful' and 'allowed' others to take our lives, there may not be anybody left on earth which defeats to purpose, so surely self-preservation has to be important. Do you think it is part of our animal make up to protect ourselves from harm? Do we experience fear and pain? When we are faced with threat or danger of some kind, what are our choices? What do YOU feel? Hey, friend, we are a long time dead, don't let it happen to you too soon...

10. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

oh dude i would totally attack back! im not about to lay down and let somebody take my life away from me

i wouldnt be shattering my morals, and i wouldnt neccesarily kill him

11. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

chances are I probably wouldn't be able to defend myself, but i would try and if I accidentally killed somebody, I would feel awful, but know in my heart it was neccessary.

I think even with the most peaceful people, survival instincts would kick in.

12. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

Life is MY gift..if someone tried to take it from me, then I'd have to defend myself. Nobody has the right or authority to take another person's life away. All my children have is me, so yeah..I'd defend myself any way I possibly could. If that meant they had to die, well then I'd just have to deal with that.

13. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I'd fight to the death for my kids if I had any. no questions asked.

14. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

I would definetley fight back but I would have to intent to kill. Just enough so they wouldn't be able to come after me when I walk away. I'm not a proud guy, I'm not impartial to shin-kicking/pinching/biting when necessary. I maybe seen as a wimp but hey..........it works! lol