Not a pill virgin, just wondering...

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by brwneyedgrl, Jan 7, 2005.

1. brwneyedgrl

brwneyedgrl Member

Just wondering if you could snort Tylenol 3 with Codeine? Would it give you the same effect as a Lortab?

Is Tylenol 3 considered a narcotic?

2. RxHEAD

RxHEAD Member

I say honestly I have never- Heard of Snorting Tylenol w/Codeine. I have really never heard of snorting Hydrocodone either. I would not advise it because of all the acetametephin in it and the size of one T3.

You really need be careful what you put up your nose. If you really want it to get in your system I would say simply chewing it up in your mouth would be much easier than snorting horse pills :)

3. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

why do kids think snorting stuff is better?

4. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes, codeine is a narcotic. Tylenol w/Cod. is not schedule II, which is what most people mean when they say "narcotic" (plain codiene is schedule II).

You could snort it, but I wonder why you would want too...

5. EddieV1984

EddieV1984 Member

Insufflated codeine isnt active AFAIK, so no, theres really no reason to do it. Just swallow, or if you have enough, perform a cold water extraction (google it).

6. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

Yea, theres a load of aceteminophen in there... no reason to put that up your nose. Just extract the good stuff.

7. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Codeine is not the same as Hydrocodone. They are similar, but for many people the effects are different. Codiene, IME, is much fuzzier, and has more nausea and causes more shakiness than hydrocodone. However, I think it lasts longer. IME, codeine and hydro are VERY different in both pain relief and side effects. (Hydro is MUCH better for pain. IMO.)

In IL, T3s are Schedule VI drugs. Codeine cough syrup are Schedule V. Most hydrocodone, mixed with either Tylenol or Ibuprofen are Schedule III.

Lortab is Hydrocodone.

Most HCPs do consider codiene a narcotic, as it is scheduled as well as opiate.

8. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think you mean it is schedule IV, not VI. Schedule VI is for drugs with no potential for abuse (except Ultram, which is abused) such as amoxicillin, Norvasc, and levothyroxine.

9. someguy142

someguy142 Member

ive experienced much greater effects when snorting pills...your sinuses are the best place for things to get absorbed into the bloodstream and that is proven....

but i agree with RXhead that you shouldnt put just anything into your nose...and as for snorting vicodin many people cant feel the effects of vicodin because their blood stream wont absorb it.... if your gonna take vicodin take it orally because snorting it burns very badly...

10. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Yep, you're right. I hate Roman numerals.

11. curdled

curdled Member

I read up a lot on codeine, and a couple of the sites have explained why it is useless to snort codeine. Apparantly it doesn't work because it's a certain kind of opiate... but yes, don't snort it because it wont work. I've snorted T3s just for the fun of it back when i started snorting shit, but they didn't do anything at all.

12. pith30

pith30 Member

Pointless, it will burn like hell and you will not get a buzz off of a T3. Maybe if you ate like 10 of them you could get a buzzz but T3's are very, very week when it comes to pills.

13. pith30

pith30 Member

Pointless, it will burn like hell and you will not get a buzz off of a T3. Maybe if you ate like 10 of them you could get a buzzz but T3's are very, very week when it comes to pills.