not a dream analysation but 2 questions for all...

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 18, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

alright, well, when you dream, and there is someone else in the dream, do they always stay clearly that person? like do you see their face, do you know its them, always has been always will be?
    cuz in my dreams I never see the face but I know who it is because I'm told in the beginning (i cant explain, no voice or anything) anyways so i enevr se them then part way trough the drema they have no identity just someone there, like they never stay as who they are....
    Also, do you dream in sound? or better yet, do you remember your dreams with sound? I had just realized now that I have no recollection of sounds... once I even had a smell but no sound. is this possible? like to dream in silence?

2. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

In my dreams, people always change. Like I know they are still the same person, but all of a sudden they morph into someone else and in my dreams I'm always just like "eh, oh well, happens all the time" because it happens in ALL of my dreams to everyone in them. I dream really vivedly, so yeah, there's sound. I can also taste things and a few times I've felt real pain during them.

3. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

in my dreams, its not usually that a person will change into someone else, its that all of the sudden, im in a completely different place with completely different people.. and lots of time i wont clearly see someone, but i'll 'just know' who it is. sometimes i do remember sounds and stuff, but mostly its just the images or themes that im stuck with.. one time, i had this awful nightmare that someone had killed my dog by chopping off her head and i saw her headless body.. and i was bawling my eyes out in the dream. when i woke up, there were tears all over my face and wet spot on my pillow from the tears.. i'd really been crying. thats pretty much the weirdest dream thing i can remember that's happened to me...

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

people in my own dreams are often simply simulations, npc's, "what if" persons, sometimes sprit persons, sometimes composites of many people, very rarely uniquily any one specific person, and even then, display behaviors i would not expect of that person in waking life. some of us do wander arround and show up in each other's dreams occasionaly, not often though. all sorts of things are possible of course, some you just don't see all that often.

5. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

People in my dreams do the same thing, but not all the time. I also generally have sound if I'm involved in the dream at all. I have woke up many nights crying from dreams, and often feel a lot of different things.

6. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I know what you mean, most people don't have faces, you just know right from the start who they are. I've had a couple of rare dreams when i hear something, maybe one or two at the most. I get the "just knowing" thing alot, where you know something has happened, but you never actually see it. I'll get an expression on someone's face, but i'll just know it like, never really actually viewing the visage.

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Usually, my dreams seem very real, I hear sounds and see people the way I would see them in real life, but, strangely, I can't feel... If I get hurt, or at least, if I should feel pain, I do not... and something else that happens and that is really weird too is that in most of my dreams, it's like if I was under water, because my movements are like slowed down! For example if I wanna hit something (I notice that it happens a lot for some reason!!!!), I can't, it's like my arm is blocked and being pulled back, I just can't... and it feels like I'm trying to move under water...

8. butterfly

butterfly Member

In my dreams I don't always see the face, I could just know it's that person, or I might know it's a certain person, but they'll look slightly different to how they actually look.
    People suddenly become different people all the time in my dreams...

9. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Yes, that happens to me too, people look slightly different sometimes and change faces... for example last night I dreamed I was talking with one of my friend and suddendly she turned into my mom, and a minute later I realized that she was my friend again! Weird... Also I often dream of people I know being younger, like last night my friend was looking like when she was 11, when we met, and when I dream of my dead grandparents, they always look the way they did when I was 4 or 5 years old...

10. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I dream in all sorts... Normally the people who will play important roles in my dreams remain solid, and constant. Extras usually waver and flicker. When I do dream, I hope to the Divine that there is sound. Once I was stuck in a goverment interigation room (federal) without sound for what seemed like days. I would scream and scream but there was no sound. Then when I tried to kill myself to end the pain my clothes vanished. I couldnt hang myself. So I started crying in desperation. Of course I couldnt hear my own sobs either. I about lost my mind.