noobish question

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by SweeperOfDreams13, May 30, 2004.

1. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I have some pics that I would like to post on the hipforums, but they're a weird file format and are way too large. (around 400kb each).
    How can I change the file format and/or make the filesize smaller?
    (They're PSP7.images)

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Right click the file and select "open with." When a list comes up select "paint" (or the equivalent) and when it's open, select "save as." Then save it as whatever file type you want.

To make it smaller or for other modifications, I wold suggest going to http://www.download.com and get the free trial of Adobe Photoshop CS.

added: Of course, this is assuming you're using Windows.

3. Tô®n

Tô®n Member

If all you want to do is resize the pictures and change the file flormat i would download Resize Your Pictures 4.2. This is exactley what this program is designed to do, it is very simple to use, has aspect ratio lock and everything. You can even degrade the quality of your resized image if you need to shink the file size more but don't want to make the pic to tiny. I use this program alot when doing bach resizing and various other things, it's handy because it's such a small program (less than a mb) that it doesn't take long to pop it open, do what you need to..~peace~

4. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

Open them in Photoshop, Click File->Save File as, choose "JPG" as file format and that's it :) A 400KB PSP7 should in JPG not be bigger than approx 30-40 KB

5. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

That's what I was thinking too. PSP7 sounds like one of those off-the-wall PhotoShop extentions that saves more data than it needs to!