nobody likes sports!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Boogabaah, Feb 1, 2009.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yet you're willing to pay musicians via itunes...

2. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

The argument in support of sports becomes ever more tenuous... :rolleyes:

3. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

I follow the Football World Cup and European Cup. So I watch sports every 2 years.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Same here. I also follow World Man's Handball Championship, which ended just yesterday. France won :mad:

5. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

When I was a young boy I was invited to go to a football match with my friends from school, as part of the boy's brigade. I looked forward to it, but left somewhat disappointed. 2 hours standing around in the freezing cold watching Queen of the South getting "gubbed" by Partick Thistle, and listening to my friends hurling abuse at the players. Oh what fun I thought...
    I got invited again, but this time declined and refused to attend the boy's brigade the following year.
    I wanted to join the scouts! But I wasn't allowed...
    Physical education at school generally involved standing around in the freezing cold, learning how to play football, rugby and occasionally cricket. I didn't mind cricket so much though, because it usually didn't involve me getting kicked in the shins and jumped on top of by the fat kid so much.
    Cross country was an equally grueling double lesson that wasn't suited to the more athletically declined. Oddly though, whenever it came to geography lessons, there was never a hint of a field trip involved there, or afternoons walking around the hills, no that would have contravened health & safety, or the teachers probably just couldn't be arsed. That, on the other hand, would have benefited my physical development, and perhaps educated me better than a chalkboard would have.
    You see, sitting around all day in a classroom is not good for children, they should be running around burning off energy during the daylight hours, but of course that doesn't fit in with modern business ethics....
    So the reason I hate sports is not the exercise, it is that fact that in order to get exercise people seem to think that you must fit it round your career timetable, and rather than viewing it as an central part of all our health and development it is seen as a side project, a hobby that we must all do to prevent ourselves from developing occupational illnesses.
    I'd come home from a days hard "slog" in front a computer, and what do I see on my TV, Ally fucking McCoist with his healthy endorphine fueled male charm, and all the rest of the healthy cunts who got paid millions to run about on TV getting fit, while the rest of us were stuck in dead end jobs.
    And who pays for it all, lager swilling dead heads who think their team is better than everyone elses, and spend their saturday afternoons down the pub talking shit with their mates.
    Sport largely involves the masses sitting on their arses staring a TV, or standing around on a saturday afternoon eating pies. There is nothing healthy about it, and it is a sad reflection of the competitive nature of todays dog eat dog world.

6. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

I like being at games and part of the crowd. Being at my home in front of a tv does nothing for me.

7. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

lol!

8. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

Woo france!

Anyway, I like some sports; hockey, table tennis, rugby, cricket, but not much else. Football for one, really really sucks.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Ummm no. Cause France and Croatia were in the finals.

10. Jaitaiyai

Oh okay...

On the plus side, it's handball, who the hell cares? :p

11. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I didn't even know that there was a sport called Handball.

Isn't that the thing kids play in school where if you fail to catch the ball, you have to stand against the wall while everybody get's to peg you with the ball?

12. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i think that was called smear the queer.

13. Jaitaiyai

That's kind of mean.

Like a slightly changed all on one dodgeball.

14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

For your information, handball is a very difficult, manly sport :frown:

15. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Sports is generally one of the best ways to exercise.
    People who hate sports dont tend to like exercise either.

And lack of exercise has obvious effects.
    But yes *some* sports are shit- so choose a good one !:)

16. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

You're thinking of [American] Football. Something must have gotten lost in translation.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Haha, I've never even watched a football game. It just seems so wrong....

18. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i actually watched a whole football game recently.

i kicked ASS at handball. but i had bloody knuckles every time i played. my team mate was a prissy little girl who'd just stand there and squeak when the ball got too close. pfft.

so, anyway, what i'm saying is: HANDBALL IS A GIRLY WEAK SPORT. primary evidence of this is my skill and enjoyment of it.

19. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

I suck at sports.

20. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Muscular guys in hot pants? I would think you'd love it.