Nobody is 100% straight

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by iscreamchocolate, Aug 15, 2005.

1. telepylus

telepylus Banned

ha.

i believe just the opposite.

i believe that everybody is 100% straight
    and those who think they aren't are just lying to themselves

2. james q

james q Uranian

i'm alot like that myself. i think it's mainly b/c i operate through my mind first and foremost and i can and do mentally compartmentalise, if u know what i mean. if i operated through the feling function then i imagine i would approach sex as primarily an emotional experience. i don't seek to be emotionally bonded with a guy i have sex with. my ideal is to have sex without any sense of duty or responsibility, and certainly not committment. i know alot of ppl have trouble with that idea and think it's deficient or sad but i don't experience it that way. i seek emotional satisfaction through my platonic friendships instead. to be honest i have had sex with a lot of different guys, and we're talking about the hundreds here, and i would estimate than the large majority of them would consider themselves straight. i know that sounds strange but it's q possible for a straight guy to fully respond to erotic sexplay irrespective of the gender of the partner, if u know what ur doing. he can get hard and want to penetrate and it doesn't really matter if the orifice is a vagina or an anus once the sex drive revs up. usually these men are like me too and want no commitment or duty from the encounter (they usually want the taxi fare home however).

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I consider myself 100% straight, but overall, I find men more attractive than women.

Anybody who says that they've never been attracted to someone of the same sex is a liar.

lmao, "100% straight".. yeah right, i'm probably more gay than I am straight. :rolleyes:

I consider "straight" to mean "normal," and there is nothing abnormal at all with being attracted to the same sex.

4. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

Probably comparatively few people are *completely* gay or *completely* heterosexual. However, having terms like this makes it clearer and more convenient to talk about our lives and our desires.

One of my friends identifies as bisexual, but he's overwhelmingly gay. His lover is a man, and he has very occasional flings with women.

The problem is that in order to communicate about that aspect of his life, he needs some sort of word to talk about specific feelings and experiences. The word "bisexual" takes in a lot of territory. A bisexual person could be as primarily gay as my friend, or it could be someone who is the opposite--in a heterosexual relationship but with occasional same-sex interests and experiences. "Bisexual" could also apply to a person who is more or less equally interested and active with both men and women.

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I recently had an old bf look me up after 12 years....he has gotten really creepy and gotten into group sex, but only with women. He kept trying to tell me that ALL women are bi, but men should not be gay because that is unnatural.....and he was dead serious.
    Needless to say, I don't allow him to contact me anymore...:D

6. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Been there, dated that.

7. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

wow.. you sound intelligent :rolleyes: you should teach a class...

8. james q

james q Uranian

u sound alot like me except i worship the male body. but in every other respect the pathology seems identical: eg, ur lesbian thing is the same as my straight man thing. i have a feeling sometimes that it's guys like u i have got more in common with than other queers who aren't cock-crazed. i'm sure u'd have some interesting tales to tell.

9. james q

james q Uranian

hi ya sage. i agree with u about that. do we have a word for someone who's equally disinteretsted in both genders?

ps how goes it with the new fella?

10. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

james_q,

Someone who is equally disinterested in both genders is asexual.

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe it's just where I live and the people I run into, but I find more and more people who resist labels. Perhaps the concept of being gay is just so threatening?

The new fella and I are doing well. The big problem is that our schedules don't mesh as well as we would like. He's going to be more than ten hours drive away next week visiting family. The trip was planned in advance and it's a particularly important week at work for me. We're going to a gay center picnic Saturday. My big sister and her girlfriend will be there, so it's a "meet the family" event.