Nobody is 100% straight

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by iscreamchocolate, Aug 15, 2005.

1. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

My friend (not sure if she wants to remain anonymous or not) believes that nobody is 100% straight... I don't either actually. Someone could have a crush on the same sex without actually knowing it, or someone could like someone of the same sex in more then a friend way and not really know it... It's hard to believe that anyone is 100% straight if you think about it... I mean I can't say I'm 100% straight because yes, I have my doubts... I'm not afraid to admit it. I don't think anything is wrong with being gay or bisexual. It's all a part of life. I think it's the person's own decision whether they want to be straight or bi or gay... As long as their happy, it doesn't bother me.. It would bother me if they weren't happy and just trying to please everyone... I mean how would you feel if people looked at you in digust if you were gay or bi? I mean how would you feel? I think it's horrible. I have these two friends that are lesbians and they are dating and right behind their back while we were walking people yelled out "dykes" or "eeeewww" when they were holding hands.. I mean I find it so stupid. Nobody should feel ashamed of who they are. Nobody should feel ashamed of who they are with.

2. TheMistress

TheMistress Senior Member

I think that everyone has the ability to love people of both sexes if they give it a chance.

3. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

That no one is 100% straight, that pure heterosexuality is just some cultivated social device.. it's all a pretty basic theory of psychoanalysis, Freud and Jung spoke volumes on that stuff

4. poubelle

poubelle Member

do you believe a person can be 100% gay?

5. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

I'm not sure. I've had my share of crushes, and I've certainly known it. These crushes have been pretty powerful things. This sounds like it's more a matter of denial than not knowing it.

I have had to deal with other people being disgusted because I'm gay. It's not a hypothetical issue for me.

For me, being gay was not a choice. I even went through religious counseling and an "ex-gay" ministry in a failed attempt to change. I've come to a greater sense of peace and happiness now that I realize that being gay was not a choice for me and that it was just a beautiful and natural part of what I am. SageDreamer can't change being gay any more than he can change having blue eyes or liking falafel.

6. kif

kif Member

A friend of mine claims he's straight. But when I asked him about when we used to fool around, he says that was just sex. So apparantly sex is sex to this guy, but he prefers women. I guess I'd call that............ I dont know. What the hell would you call that?

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It is a scientific fact that nobody is 100% feminine or masculine. We share both Y and X chromosomes. This makes it imposible for us to be 100% man or 100% woman.

8. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

If I am 100% straight, I guess I'd just be 99.9%. I am just addicted to the female body.

No offense, at all... I completely understand what it is like to be insulted because of one's sexual preferences and attitudes.

And I get so sick of these stupid motherfuckers who have to push their view of "what is natural" ... let people just be who they are.

9. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Younger people are more flexible. Attitudes harden with age.

10. LogsOnSticks

LogsOnSticks Member

I'd say I am pretty gay when it comes to attractions.

Women just aren't attractive to me. Sure, I think there are a lot of pretty girls, but no feelings that actually turn me on when I see a girl.

Depends on the person, I'd say.

11. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

exactly, i can recognize a pretty woman, but it does not turn me on in any way.

12. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

I'm the opposite. I can see a pretty woman, and it does turn me on. But I'm the same way for guys too.

13. nesta

nesta Banned

i dunno. i think its entirely possible to be 100% hetero, but i think far fewer people actually are than think they are. for example, i'm straight. i consider myself straight, and if anyone asks, i say i'm straight. but if i'm comfortable with them i may choose to elaborate and admit that while i consider myself straight, i think of things more on a sliding scale.....if it was a scale of 1-10, 1 being 100% hetero, 10 being 100% gay and 5 being 100% bi.....well, i think i'd probably be around 3 or 4. i mean damn, there are some fucking hot guys out there! i have my doubts about whether or not i could actually sleep with a guy, but i'd be all about experimenting a little, making out, etc., see where it goes from there. love is love, and i love men as i love women, but this is confusing to me a bit....i mean, i'm attracted physically to men, i can have an emotional bond with a man as strongly as with a woman, but.....i definitely prefer women. i could not see myself in a relationship with a guy. i can barely see myself sleeping with a guy....while they're sexy and sometimes fun to look at...hell, it just doesn't do it for me the way a woman does.

but i think people that say that "you can't be 100% gay or 100% straight" are just people who aren't 100% themselves and don't understand how anyone else could be. its the same as a straight person not understanding homosexuality and claiming that gay folks are just confused, made a choice to be that way, or are sinners, or whatever. its just misunderstanding the whole nature of our sexuality as human beings.

14. kif

kif Member

You sound like my friend I mentioned earlier, sex is sex.

15. ashers

ashers Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well Said Nesta :)

16. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Agreed.

17. SageDreamer

Add my name to the list of people who agree. There's just so much variation about sexuality that it's hard to say "no one" about much of anything.

18. LogsOnSticks

LogsOnSticks Member

It's a very debateable situation...

Personally, I do believe that you have those 100% straight people...

Like I said earlier, I am definitely 100% gay when it comes to attractions....Never have I been turned on by a women. If I'm 100% gay, there are probably 100% straight people.

Of course, I believe 100% straight people isn't a high statistic, either.
    Society has constructed the man and women relationship tradition for centuries. In the meantime, homosexuality was perceieved as a corruption. (And still is in some form today).

Therefore, there are probably a lot of "100% straight guys" who deny their same-sex feelings due to society's standards on the "taboo" issue of homosexuality.

A good friend of mine once claimed that he had a problem with "two guys fucking each other." This is obviously a sign of homophobia, whether it is from being insecure with his own sexuality or from simply being disgusted in homosexuals.
    In a recent in-depth conversation with him, he expressed that one's own sexual preference is their business and even he himself finds doubts in his own sexuality. I'd say he's beginning to become more secure and open about sexual preferences, particuarly to gay guys. Does that mean he's gay or bi? No, but he's got his inquiries...

19. SageDreamer

How do you tell the difference between a man who is 100% straight and one who is only 99% straight? At a certain point (or is that an uncertain point?), the difference isn't so meaningful.

There are probably a few guys out there who would indulge in man-to-man pleasure under very limited circumstances. It might be that it has to be the right guy, the right kind of activity and maybe he has to be able to have the excuse that he was drunk or high or both. There may be large numbers of men who have never found themselves in just that situation and certainly wouldn't admit that such a situation exists. Is it a genuine longing or just curiosity?

20. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Well, I know that I have an ultra-alpha-Über lust for the female body for the toes to the hair. I am pussy-compulsive.

On the other hand, I have never had any kind (not even a mild) reaction to males. I have friends that I hang with and we hug if we haven't seen each other in a while, and so forth, but there is ZERO sexual attraction there.

Gay male sex doesn't disgust me, it just doesn't attract me. Lesbians, on the other hand, I am completely addicted to.

I worship the female body.