No Socks Ever

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Perhaps an odd post in the Barefoot section, but wait:
    Slipping your bare feet (see?) into a pair of shoes (whatever style) is way more desirable because you know how good it feels and looks. Be honest, if you could be sockless whenever you wanted, you would be. I am. (Yes, people enjoy socks, too, but that isn't THIS post.)

2. TalonedFeet

TalonedFeet Members

Socks only when really necessary, since mine get dirty both on the inside and on the outside, since I'd use socks with no shoes at home. And with shoes, no socks means easier to remove when I want it!

3. Barefoot Scout

Barefoot Scout Members

Pretty much all of the footwear I own are sandals or clogs, so bare feet and shoes are certainly a common thing for me. I still have several pairs of various socks for when it gets a bit too cold, and I take no issue with wearing them with my sandals - even if other people just might! ;)

For a while when I was discovering my passion for barefooting I tried wearing closed-toe shoes without socks, but I realized I simply couldn't stand having those on my feet, with or without socks! It also made those shoes smell absolutely foul, and my feet develop foot fungus. I've had no such problem with sandals, even if I occasionally wore socks with them.

4. Timmie

Timmie Members

I hate socks, but for me they have their function.

My career as a horticulturist -- where I'm always working outdoors -- makes wearing socks inside of shoes pretty much necessary when I'm working. Walking in areas where there's lots of loose dirt and gravel leads to small bits of debris getting constantly inside my shoes, and if I didn't wear socks I'd be taking off my shoe(s) every 10 minutes to shake out the bits that fell inside. At least with socks on, I don't notice that debris unless it's pretty big. Oh, and there's a number of insects crawling around the ground around me, so that's yet another reason why for me, always wearing socks at work makes total sense. And on my feet, it's always the low-cut minimalist shoes with no-show socks, since I can't stand the feeling of heavy bulky shoes or any fabric running up my legs.

When I get to my car to go home at the end of the workday, those socks and shoes come off immediately and I drive home barefoot. And outside of work, I rarely put on socks if I have to wear shoes.

RT19 and nuspieds like this.
  5. Of course, some situations demand socks. One must earn. But you're magnificently on the true path...

6. bfgal

bfgal Member

I rarely wear socks with shoes.
    However in the winter I may wear warm fuzzy socks in the house if my feet are cold. Also in my younger days I worked the front desk at a hotel that required we wear black dress pants and dress shoes, I would wear black socks because I could ditch the shoes and with the black socks most guest didn’t notice I wasn’t wearing shoes.

7. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Rick I love my dirty bare feet

I never wear socks I don’t even own a pair of socks .

RT19 likes this.
  8. RT19

RT19 Members

Or shoes?

9. Barefoot Rick

10. Barefoot Rick

I don’t remember how shoes even feel on my feet

11. Barefoot Rick

Even socks I can’t remember the last time I had socks on my feet