no school today>?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Inavacuum, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

wow, showed up, only one other little girl was there. weird, got to be 10 after so I called my buddy and sure enough, no school. Thats weird, thats private little academies for you though.

2. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

hell ya :D i know i'd feel gleeful with no school...dont know what the significance of april 9th is :confused:

3. spooner

spooner is done.

easter monday? wasn't that the ressurection?

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Well my oldest son has the entire upcoming week off of school. I was surprised that they were letting them have that long off. Not that I mind at all, except I would rather them cut the Easter break in half and let the kids get out of school earlier for the summer, give them a longer one. Poor things are having to go back at the end of August. That's just ridiculous if you ask me. We always went back after Labor Day in September.

5. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, we do the labor day thing here and get out sometime in early June.

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

My oldest gets out June 6th, but he had to go back August 27th last year I believe. The year before that, when he was in kindergarten, he didn't go until after Labor Day, and the kids were still getting out in early June.

This year, it's going to be the end of August again. I don't like that!

7. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

if you think that's ridiculous listen to our schedule. We've got tiny 5 day breaks plit up through out the year. And to this blasphemous act of assholeness they butchered our summer. We get out may 25 and return august 1!!! Thats only 8 weeks as opposed to our former 12 week summer. Basically we used to have all of august off and they took that away and gave us these stupid 5 day breaks all the time. It pisses me off for sure, our summer seems so short and the 5 day breaks are jsut enough time to get used to not havin to go to school all the time and then wham your back. Fuck school boards and DMV's

8. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

daaaaamn henry. i'm seriously sorry about your summer. :(

easter monday though, like brad said... makes sense that you get the day off. I have it off too.