No Satanism sub-forum

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Gedio, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Gedio

Gedio Member

I've noticed that there is no sub-forum for people who take a more satanic view on life (Note- ssatanism, not luciferianism).

Are there any satanists on board?

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Hello, I worship Satan, but in a more "drink beer - listen to death metal" kind of way.

I do get a hard-on for church burnings though.

Let us be Satanists together! How do you feel about Bible burning?

3. LanSLIde

LanSLIde Member

That, or Ethics/Aestheticism (as far as I understand, Aestheticism and Satanism play largely within one-another)

4. clegg

clegg Member

I was thinking of asking the same question, but decided against it.

I had a few conversations with people who claim they are "satanists"...

Apparently some don't believe in the devil as an actual mean dude with horns... from what I understood, it's all about seeing life in a different perspective which isn't necessarily evil . .. Just being true to yourself, and not letting others step on you..

Whatever it is, I find it rather strange that it would go as far as using the one word that almost everyone associates with evil, to lead a different type of "religion"...

5. Gedio

Gedio Member

The fact that everyone associates "satanism" with evil was the entire point of chossing it for the name of a religion.

And on the subject of bible burning - no. Anyone who burns a book is retarded.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The name always made no sense to me. Why is it an advantage everybody associate your beliefs with evil?

7. Gedio

Gedio Member

IMO it's because what satanism represents is adhereing to your own beleifs and instincts, most of which society deems wrong and "sinful". Satan seemed to be the classical choice representation of "carnal sin" something that isnt wrong at all.

8. Asmodean

Yeah, Satan is the pure embodiment of sin and evil from another religion. So why call you're own beliefs after that?

9. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Why not just call yourself a hedonist? I've always thought "satanism" seems highly, highly reactionary to Christianity, rather than being a religion unto itself. I'm usually pretty respectful about other religions, I just can't take it seriously, like how I can't seem to take scientology seriously.

10. Asmodean

This is actually exactly where I'm coming from with my question!

11. StoneTempleRoses

StoneTempleRoses Member

A satanist wouldn't care if you think its evil. They don't try to convert people to their religion therefore it doesn't matter if most of the world thinks their evil. They don't give a fuck.

12. Asmodean

If they don't care what other people think about their religion why would they pick that name from the religion they despise then? Seems like adolescent provoking to me, which indicates they do give a fuck.

13. Gedio

Gedio Member

Scientology is a sci fi story for idiots.
    All religion is for idiots.
    Satanism has no deity to speak of.
    It's closer to atheism than religion not the same, but close.
    The choice of "satanism" as a term is the whole point of the religion.
    It's to religion what punk was to the music scene.
    Why grow a mohawk and put safety pins in your ear? Because it's a statement against bland conformism.
    It's the same principle.

14. Asmodean

Ok, that's a pretty logical explanation indeed.

15. clegg

clegg Member

yep, very well said.

16. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Most theists are satanists, they just don't realize it.

Think about it. Every theist has their own idea about what God is. There are literally thousands of different and conflicting "god" influences at war in this planet destroying millions of lives. If there really is a God influence then give me one good reason why all mankind would not be on the same page?

If there is an ongoing supernatural influence it sure seems more likely to be a bunch of devils competing for human souls. "Jesus died for your sins" is the exact same subconscious message as "Jesus died so you can sin". It's an acceptance of sin either way you say it. Devils are great deceivers. Religions are chocked full of evil hypocrisies.

There really are only a few possible conclusions:
    - God exists but has forsaken humans and broken contact.
    - There are only various devils posing as Gods while competing for souls.
    - Gods and Devils are products of mans imagination and subconscious ego.

17. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Do you really believe that if organized religion disappeared overnight, there would be any less human suffering? Is it really possible to pinpoint corruption on a belief in god, or is it more the result of power/greed/politics, all of which can be found in people across the board, even atheists. Communist China, anyone?

Since when are we clones of each other? When have humans ever been on the same page regarding anything? I believe the Buddhist story of the Blind Men and the Elephant illustrates this point beautifully.

Yes....as is any human being, and groups of human beings. Don't you think this is stating the obvious? Political parties are corrupt. Universities are corrupt. Hospitals are corrupt. If you're in search of a world free of hypocrisy and suffering, you might want to look for another planet.

18. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Do you feel the need to bend and append my post to begin your attack? I don't recall stating religion was the ONLY source of misery on this planet. Of course suffering is not going to ever disappear, I'm saying people would be be in a BETTER position to make this world a BETTER place if they weren't living in denial and contributing to misery with their ignorance and passing blame.

You concurred we're not on the same page but you offer no reason why ONE God would have people on thousands of different blood soaked pages.

Because he's a big baby? Did Adam and Eve hurt his wittle feewings?

19. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Easy Sherlock...it's because I don't think belief in one god would solve anything either. Nowhere did I say I was advocating that. I don't think there is an objective solution to all the worlds problems. Rather, I think it is up to the subjective individual to get to know their own source of inspiration for good, good both for them as an individual AND as a part of the collective whole. I guess you could say I think the real problem is that people today don't seem to care one way or the other, because we've fooled ourselves into thinking we are independent of others.

20. Asmodean

More likely because God is nothing like a human or the jewish/christian portrayal of God and has not a preferred path for us at all or has no interest what so ever to force us on it.