No room- grow anyway.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by geckopelli, Jul 27, 2004.

1. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

A regular 5 x 2 closet with 70 watts HPS and 400 HID.
    no other special equipment, except house air.

2. OTG

OTG Member

Nice grow you have going there geckopelli. What strains are you growing there? What HID is the 400 Watter? a HPS or MH?

3. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Not mine. It belongs to a student and first-time grower.
    The point is, it's easy to grow. Anyone can do it.

The HID is 400w. The HPS is 70w. This is an effective combination, and I highly recommend it for small grows.

The seeds are all from three converging lines that have been breed for several generations. They contain genes from many name brand strains.

4. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Hey geck glad your alright! Thank God!

Just got my central cooling system fired up. now i can keep my closet door closed all the time. L.O.L.
    Im now pushing 580 watts of shp in my little 2x4 closet grow. Got my halide on standby until i can get a hood for it. Too hard on the ol' eyes. About all i really need for my closet now is a controller. Got a run of clones from my christmas tree strain, and the humbolt strain i got. They are 4-8 inches tall i'll probly just veg them one week so the avg height is a foot tall, the let em rip on 12/12. I was going to try and let this wave get two foot tall, but i lost the last wave, and gotta get somthing budding soon.
    fortunately I only lost two mothers, and had a gang of clones from the humbolt, but only one from the other mom and it is doing nicely.

5. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

I'm still around, but not very mobile and sitting at the computer is uncomfortable.

I'm kind of restricted now, but can't wait to start a thai grow...

Looks like this asshole who hit me will be buying me a killer grow facility before it's over!

6. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Huh, i was just smokin the last of one of the thai plants that got crisped during my vacation. There was actually about ten viable seeds from a humbolt cross i found on that one. Should be interesting to grow those out and see what happens.

I got a couple of the thai plants left. One reverting, and one outdoors that is a few months old now, growing in mostly shade but doing nice. Im curious to see how well they do in a proper enviroment, or outdoor in full sun.Just too much of a security risk at the moment.I made sure i saved enough seeds to do a grow of about 50-100 thai plants whenever i get the facilities. And i'll do a little selective breeding from them for faster budding traits, or whatever comes to mind .

7. broskif

broskif Member

gecko, HID stands for high intensity discarge which constitues for metal halide, high pressure sodium, mercury vapor, ect ect.

does you "400 watt hid" produce an orange light?? or a whitish blue light??

orange is hps, and white normal colored light is mh.

8. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Old habits die hard...

when I say HID I mean MH. I think it's an Argo-sun wide spectrum bulb.

Through much experimentation, I've found that a wide spectrum MH bulbs and a small supplemental HPS narrow spectrum produce tighter, stickier buds on plants that never have weak stems nor stem rot.

And here's something I've been considereing:

I NEVER have bug problems. If they show up, they never last. Through study, I've reached the hypothesis that violet and ultra violet light is detrimental to the usual pest, allowing easier eradication.
    Consider that insects are at thier most active in the evening or morning- times when the v and uv light levels are low.
    By noon, most bugs are hiding in the shade. What are the hiding from? Not the heat.
    Why not the abundance of blue-light?
    I'm not saying it's a total preventative, but I suspect it is a factor.

my sometimes friend the Cloner believes blindly in HPS and battles insects all the time.

9. strawpuppy

strawpuppy Member

I am awed at the knowledge you guys have.

and I think the........

Quote: "The increasing popularity of Cannabis and the requirements of agricultural technology will call for uniform hybrid races that are likely to displace primitive populations worldwide" ( Clarke- M.J. Botany)

...........is a work of art.

10. strawpuppy

strawpuppy Member

11. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Wow

strawpuppy,
    Wow, that is definetly a work of art. I like the concept as well.
    "lightning harvesters"

So that's where they get the fuel for them funny tessla coils.L.O.L.

12. strawpuppy

strawpuppy Member

Thanks Tied....